+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Sack the groundsman

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    I disagree as tannadice is playable yesterday, noon today, 1pm, 2pm, 3pm......and for the foreseeable......Dens will go off again with a bit of rain.
    You are right in all of that. During my 60+ years of attending football in Dundee our pitch has been superior to Tannadice for the vast majority of the time but not now and that is unforgivable. You misunderstand my points regarding the weather. I am not making the weather an excuse for having games off. We all know where the fault lies. I only bring the weather into to it because it is most definitely a factor taking into account the poor state of the pitch. Rainfall is definitely much higher than ‘normal’ and I fully accept that most good pitches would cope, ours doesn’t and it is then and only then that luck in the timing of the bad weather comes into it. The only luck we have had in this regard is bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Dodbroon View Post
    You are right in all of that. During my 60+ years of attending football in Dundee our pitch has been superior to Tannadice for the vast majority of the time but not now and that is unforgivable. You misunderstand my points regarding the weather. I am not making the weather an excuse for having games off. We all know where the fault lies. I only bring the weather into to it because it is most definitely a factor taking into account the poor state of the pitch. Rainfall is definitely much higher than ‘normal’ and I fully accept that most good pitches would cope, ours doesn’t and it is then and only then that luck in the timing of the bad weather comes into it. The only luck we have had in this regard is bad.
    I agree with most of what you've written on this subject. However for simplicity, and to sum up, the root cause of all this is a complete failure over many years to maintain the pitch, that includes ensuring drainage is adequate.

Quote Originally Posted by Dodbroon View Post
    Yes it's rained a bit more this winter.

But if it didn't it wud be something else weather wise.

Plus I pretty much distrust any figs from Govts now and public bodies after the COVID shenanigans.

Blame as you agree with lies fairly and squarely with Nelmsy and the negligence in cost cutting on playing surface.

The day there's heavy rain at tannadice the night before a game and it's off we can maybe re avaluate......until then the tail is firmly on Nelmsy Ass.

Yes it's rained a bit more this winter.

But if it didn't it wud be something else weather wise.

Plus I pretty much distrust any figs from Govts now and public bodies after the COVID shenanigans.

Blame as you agree with lies fairly and squarely with Nelmsy and the negligence in cost cutting on playing surface.

The day there's heavy rain at tannadice the night before a game and it's off we can maybe re avaluate......until then the tail is firmly on Nelmsy Ass.
    You’ve hit the nail on the head. That hasn’t happened yet, so we can speculate.

The oldest golf course in the world, was flooded in parts Thursday/ Friday. The drainage is ****ed, but the unprecedented amount of rain hasn’t helped our cause.

It’s totally embarrassing tha5 some of our so called fans are calling on the Club to be fined.

DFC never released a statement slagging the Rangers for turning up late, or their Supporters behaviour in the last gam3cat Dens.

Quote Originally Posted by BP33 View Post

The oldest golf course in the world, was flooded in parts Thursday/ Friday. The drainage is ****ed, but the unprecedented amount of rain hasn’t helped our cause.

It’s totally embarrassing tha5 some of our so called fans are calling on the Club to be fined.

DFC never released a statement slagging the Rangers for turning up late, or their Supporters behaviour in the last gam3cat Dens.
    Where are some so called fans calling for the club to be fined? Genuinely haven't seen that.

I don't take DCT the LGBT mouthpiece seriously BP.

There is a risk we cud get sanctioned but only after a warning......don't think we have had that yet.

This is a great season, I already think postponements have hampered us and may well do again.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    Where are some so called fans calling for the club to be fined? Genuinely haven't seen that.
    One guy ( that I've seen ) on social media, DCT have picked it up and ran with Dundee fans calling for points deduction.

As far as rangers are concerned " shows our game in a bad light "......they have been doing that for a century and a half.

As far as rangers are concerned " shows our game in a bad light "......they have been doing that for a century and a half.
    Hard necked b@stards!!!!

Is it unprecedented?

My home backs onto the dighty.

Luckily my bank over 30 foot high.

But it's only burst it's banks twice ( the lower bank about 8 foot ) this year.......that's about average and a lot less than the worst years

Granted this year was the highest id seen it by aboot 2 foot on my side.

But the weather lies for me is tied in with climate bull......and it seems to me that the stats are being manipulated to suit the narrative.

Just meh opinion.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)