+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 8 games to go prediction.

Should it be play offs and we get to the final will you all go? I would want to but I go to the match with my Dad and at 85 I know Wembley would be too much for him. So I'm torn, it's a rare experience to go to Wembley but also aware that the opportunity to experience it with Dad is also a reducingly rare opportunity too.

Quote Originally Posted by SithHappens View Post
    Should it be play offs and we get to the final will you all go? I would want to but I go to the match with my Dad and at 85 I know Wembley would be too much for him. So I'm torn, it's a rare experience to go to Wembley but also aware that the opportunity to experience it with Dad is also a reducingly rare opportunity too.
    I’m undecided Sith. My Wembley/Rams record is appalling…P4 L4. One Anglo-Italian and three play off defeats to Leicester, QPR and Villa doesn’t inspire confidence. 100% fail…and the one I didn’t go to - because I was out of the country - was West Brom when we won!
    Don’t suppose for a minute that there’s any rhyme or reason to it but I might choose to not ‘tempt fate’.
    On the plus side…by not going you save a lot of money, see a lot more on TV and don’t have to put up with moronic Forest fans hanging flags off bridges over the M1, or idiotically confrontational fans at Wembley tube station…on the other hand there’s no substitute for the real thing and being able to say, ‘I was there’.
    Difficult decision…some of my happiest memories of my Dad, who died an accidental death 46 years ago, are of watching various sporting events together and for you the memory will be precious in the years to come…well, it will if we win!
    Hopefully you won’t need to decide and Derby will do the job with no need for the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    I’m undecided Sith. My Wembley/Rams record is appalling…P4 L4. One Anglo-Italian and three play off defeats to Leicester, QPR and Villa doesn’t inspire confidence. 100% fail…and the one I didn’t go to - because I was out of the country - was West Brom when we won!
    Don’t suppose for a minute that there’s any rhyme or reason to it but I might choose to not ‘tempt fate’.
    On the plus side…by not going you save a lot of money, see a lot more on TV and don’t have to put up with moronic Forest fans hanging flags off bridges over the M1, or idiotically confrontational fans at Wembley tube station…on the other hand there’s no substitute for the real thing and being able to say, ‘I was there’.
    Difficult decision…some of my happiest memories of my Dad, who died an accidental death 46 years ago, are of watching various sporting events together and for you the memory will be precious in the years to come…well, it will if we win!
    Hopefully you won’t need to decide and Derby will do the job with no need for the playoffs.
    I'm hoping we get to celebrate on the last day promotion. I'm the other way round Wembley wise, only had chance to do 2007, was away other times. Will be good if we can do it without the play offs.

If it has to be Wembley, there will be at least 4 Dutchies over and possibly as many as 7, all of whom have attended Pride Park this season.

My Wembley record is P3 W1 (WHU) L2 (Cremonese and Villa).

Here's to 5 or more wins from the remaining games meaning P2 is all but sealed.... and yes, that's a huge IF

Our results will tail off and we will finish 4th

Based on recent times that wouldn't be a surprise OTR, but hopefully we can somehow 'do the biz'. After the **** we've been through it would be most welcome.

I don't fancy us in the playoffs to get passed the semis, it's autos or nothing for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramshank72 View Post
    I don't fancy us in the playoffs to get passed the semis, it's autos or nothing for me.
    On current form Lincoln will probably walk the play offs

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimeram View Post
    Our results will tail off and we will finish 4th
    Nice to hear from you OTR, not like you to be so optimistic though!

Well 3 of my ‘bankers’ from the estimate of 16 points in the original post were from yesterday which shows what I know. A further 3 are (still) expected on Friday, but another screw up then and OTR’s guess will be looking more likely.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)