+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Is the EPL totally corrupt or just plain stupid?

Is the EPL totally corrupt or just plain stupid?

Don't worry about it. Pace needs to rearrange our financial status into the pockets of the appropriate authorities so that Everton, Sheffield United and Luton get relegated. There's absolutely no point now in actually playing football.

Well they're certainly inconsistent. I think they have a new system whereby they rationally analyse the cases for the prosecution and the defence and then throw a single dice (die) and see what comes up.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    It’s ludicrous BT and Forest are moaning because they cooperated fully,

It’s funny but I said they’d do something ridiculous like this at the weekend.

They’ve looked at The points at the bottom few clubs and then affected forest as little as they dare to still send Luton Burnley and Sheffield down

Corrupt isn’t a word for this lot - it’s far worse than that

I’d think Everton will get away with the next lot as well and Forest proper had a go at premier league today so they’ll be joining us that they can’t wait to get rid off

I'm really confused with what's going on.🤔🤔🤔
    The way I see it is if Forest are relegated and Luton or another team escape relegation due to their 4 points deduction,it could all change 4 days after the season ends if they cut Forests penalty points down... WTF is football coming to.🤔🤔
    If that happens I'm done with football for good.. 😐

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    I'm really confused with what's going on.������
    The way I see it is if Forest are relegated and Luton or another team escape relegation due to their 4 points deduction,it could all change 4 days after the season ends if they cut Forests penalty points down... WTF is football coming to.����
    If that happens I'm done with football for good.. ��
    alf, I have to admit that, although I made the trip to the Turf on Saturday, my interest in the game at PL level has really reached an all time low.
    Much more pleasure going to watch Ashington, Gateshead, Carlisle, Boro, Sunderland and even Hartlepool!
    Mind you, we are both lucky because we have the interest in the Super League which far exceeds any football these days -----I never thought that I would ever think that way but ...................

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    alf, I have to admit that, although I made the trip to the Turf on Saturday, my interest in the game at PL level has really reached an all time low.
    Much more pleasure going to watch Ashington, Gateshead, Carlisle, Boro, Sunderland and even Hartlepool!
    Mind you, we are both lucky because we have the interest in the Super League which far exceeds any football these days -----I never thought that I would ever think that way but ...................
    Sad isn’t it Sub - when I like you played - eat Breathed the game and suddenly lose interest- the money and idiots on and behind football at present are ruining the game - especially for those in their 50/60 /70 s and above who watched and played it Propelry.

How can they switch so many people of it in such a short space of time.

Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post
    Sad isn’t it Sub - when I like you played - eat Breathed the game and suddenly lose interest- the money and idiots on and behind football at present are ruining the game - especially for those in their 50/60 /70 s and above who watched and played it Propelry.

How can they switch so many people of it in such a short space of time.
    army --yes, it is so sad. As well as playing, I also refereed and was involved in running the RAF London League as Secretary and Treasurer and then doing the same in local leagues in the north east. I mentored young referees for several years, however, within one year of VAR rearing its head I stopped being involved with the young officials because almost every question asked referred to VAR's use.

It is very sad to relate that many young, upcoming referees pass their exams and are really keen, however, because of abuse received, including physical threats, they are leaving the game in droves. One of the two local Sunday Leagues in my area is regularly relying on two referees, who are now 70 years old, in order that they can fulfil just 7 fixtures each week.

Meanwhile, the hierarchy running football just bury their heads in the sand and do as the PL tells them.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)