+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Red Dogs deducted 4 points

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Like Man. City you mean.
    i do. Man United massively in debt/ Chelsea spend 1.2 billion in two seasons/ City ducking and diving for years.
    Yet Newscastle/West Ham and others have had to sell players to avoid the trap?

If all this is about stopping clubs getting into trouble, well it seems very selective and lob sided.

It's very clear FFP has always been about protecting the elite as they don't want Chelsea, Man City etc to happen again. Bit like the PL clubs voting against the funding package for the EFL.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    i do. Man United massively in debt/ Chelsea spend 1.2 billion in two seasons/ City ducking and diving for years.
    Yet Newscastle/West Ham and others have had to sell players to avoid the trap?

If all this is about stopping clubs getting into trouble, well it seems very selective and lob sided.
    I see this "yeah, but, Man Citeh" all over social media. Look at the Everton and Red Dog time line between charge and outcome. Both on just the one charge. Citeh are facing ONE HUNDRED AND FIFT EEN charges and they have a battery of lawyers sponsored by a nation's rulers to keep putting spokes in their wheels.

The Citeh case is taking a long time. Too long in most people's estimation BUT the sheer number of charges allied to oil money mean it's not going to get done quickly.

I have, and you'll find this hard to believe knowing my feelings towards MUFC, some sympathy with their level of debt. Their debt is at that level because the Glazers spent around a billion of borrowed money in order to be able to buy the shares and then, once they owned the club, they moved the debt to MUFC. All legal and above board. The same thing happened when Liverpool were bought by Fenway. Both have enough income to service the debt and are reducing it. Not by much each year but a reduction is a reduction.

Conversely, Real and Barca are both in serious debt of around a billion because they spent way too much on transfer fees and player's wages. No sympathy for the sanctions Barca are under and it wouldn't surprise me to see Real get sanctioned soon.

As ever, it's context. Citeh are the English Barca.

Fancy this thread containing suggestions that being a member of the so called PL 'elite' backed by mega bucks affords some sort of special treatment!! To me the PL has become no more than a blown up circus where ££££££££££££££££'s has become the ringmaster, it knocks spots off WWF for overrated *******s. Let's not kid ourselves the PL was created to stop the so called elite slithering off like the snakes they are to a mythical Euro Super League. Teams like Derby, Sheff U, Forest, Brentford etal are merely a means to an end to provide TV interest and more £££££££'s but are really irritating wasps who have the audacity to try to rise above their status and sting this self elected 'elite'. They are happy for these interlopers to be docked a few points for spending a few bob over the limit, serves them right, but we are different so keep your grubby hands off us is their mantra. Like Tricky says, City will be docked eventually, probably 2055 is a bit optimistic on his part though.
    **** of to the Super League ASAP please!

The irony of all this to me is. Take Newcastle, they are now supposed to have the richest owners in the Premier league, but cannot spend their own money? Which in reality means, they are playing a really slow catch up on City/United/Scouse scum/ Arseanal/Chelsea/Spuds.

It also stops any little club, suddenly becoming a threat in that laegue, like Wimbledon once were.
    Take Ryan Renolds Wrexham. He has connections and his own wealth to push that club on, but will never get to the top with a club of that revenue stream putting shackles on the club.

Merrynackers, is not the richest owner, but is/has been willing to put his money into the club. I do get why he is blasting off right now and his frustrations.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    The irony of all this to me is. Take Newcastle, they are now supposed to have the richest owners in the Premier league, but cannot spend their own money? Which in reality means, they are playing a really slow catch up on City/United/Scouse scum/ Arseanal/Chelsea/Spuds.

It also stops any little club, suddenly becoming a threat in that laegue, like Wimbledon once were.
    Take Ryan Renolds Wrexham. He has connections and his own wealth to push that club on, but will never get to the top with a club of that revenue stream putting shackles on the club.

Merrynackers, is not the richest owner, but is/has been willing to put his money into the club. I do get why he is blasting off right now and his frustrations.
    I get yours and his frustration and I agree if an owner is prepared to finance a club with no threat of administration etc then they should be able to spend what they want. If that means that they have to deposit x amount of funds in an account to cover any costs etc for x amount of time so be it.

Another 3 point deduction incoming

Quote Originally Posted by StensonRam View Post
    Blimey…blast from the past. Welcome back Stenson…3 point deduction, probably not till next season though is it?

Quote Originally Posted by StensonRam View Post
    Possibly if they appeal

Leicester charged now. Probably karma as they are the reason we have to put up with this now.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)