+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Red Dogs deducted 4 points

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    The best of it is, and I’ll defer to our resident expert MA if I’m wrong, but I’d have given all three as pens. Oh how we lolled
    Not as clear as Huddersfields though

They might have a point, BUT, acting in this manner will hardly endear them to the authorities, whereas a combined protest from all clubs or at least a significant number might change things.

I see VAR chalked off a Coventry winner today and they supposedly brought it in to improve the game FFS!!

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    They might have a point, BUT, acting in this manner will hardly endear them to the authorities, whereas a combined protest from all clubs or at least a significant number might change things.

I see VAR chalked off a Coventry winner today and they supposedly brought it in to improve the game FFS!!
    I agree on VAR , I'd be happy to see the back of it.

But you cant just go around accusing officials of bias and cheating. It's just pressure tactics. l think Gary Neville was right that Clattenburg should have resigned , as a former referee to be complicit with such language is as bad, but he has gone further and openly supported the comments in the media afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    The best of it is, and I’ll defer to our resident expert MA if I’m wrong, but I’d have given all three as pens. Oh how we lolled
    Not seen any of the Tw@twell bombs but I would remind posters that not every contact between ball and hand/arm is a foul and not every contact in a duel is a foul. If I stumble across them I'll have a look.

It's perfectly possible that he remembered a few years back helping the Dogs out by, wrongly, disallowing 2 Rams goals and decided it was payback time

Quote Originally Posted by SithHappens View Post
    I agree on VAR , I'd be happy to see the back of it.

But you cant just go around accusing officials of bias and cheating. It's just pressure tactics. l think Gary Neville was right that Clattenburg should have resigned , as a former referee to be complicit with such language is as bad, but he has gone further and openly supported the comments in the media afterwards.
    To backtrack a little…agreeing with your comments about Clattenburg, but not VAR.

I think we have to ask why VAR, or its equivalent, is used so successfully in other sports - horse racing, athletics, cricket, tennis, both rugby codes - but causes such acrimony in football?

Ultimately it has to be down to interpretation and human failings…but in defence of VAR…yesterday in both the Liverpool match and the semi final I believe VAR reached the correct decision for both Liverpool’s third and the disallowed - however much I wish it had been given - Coventry goal in a way which wouldn’t have been possible to the naked eye alone.
    As regards the Forest match…two of those penalty decisions would have remained contentious, imo, regardless of VAR’s involvement. The third could, and should, have been given by the proverbial ‘blind man on a galloping horse’ and yet the fact that, even with all the available technology, it wasn’t remains inexplicable. That though isn’t the fault of VAR…it is, yet again, the fault of the deployment and interpretation of VAR.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    To backtrack a little…agreeing with your comments about Clattenburg, but not VAR.

I think we have to ask why VAR, or its equivalent, is used so successfully in other sports - horse racing, athletics, cricket, tennis, both rugby codes - but causes such acrimony in football?

Ultimately it has to be down to interpretation and human failings…but in defence of VAR…yesterday in both the Liverpool match and the semi final I believe VAR reached the correct decision for both Liverpool’s third and the disallowed - however much I wish it had been given - Coventry goal in a way which wouldn’t have been possible to the naked eye alone.
    As regards the Forest match…two of those penalty decisions would have remained contentious, imo, regardless of VAR’s involvement. The third could, and should, have been given by the proverbial ‘blind man on a galloping horse’ and yet the fact that, even with all the available technology, it wasn’t remains inexplicable. That though isn’t the fault of VAR…it is, yet again, the fault of the deployment and interpretation of VAR.
    IMO the issue isn't about VAR its about Forest's statement. I actually think they set a strategy, by employing Clattenburg, to 'play the system' and its failed, and they are sore about that. As for who wrote the tweet, what were they smoking?

Note also, across social media last nigh, that Forest as a club and their fans weren't coming out of this well, despite, as I pointed out, all three decisions being questionable

Note also I didn't watch the game just the incidents
    Last edited by Andy_Faber; 22-04-2024 at 09:11 AM.

Agree, it's not about the decisions made, it's about the response. The PGMOL have told talksport that Forest never raised concerns before the game about Attwell.

Seen some highlights but none of the (lack of) penalty decisions. I'd appreciate a link if anybody has one.

Quote Originally Posted by SithHappens View Post
    Agree, it's not about the decisions made, it's about the response. The PGMOL have told talksport that Forest never raised concerns before the game about Attwell.
    Concerns about Attwell should always be raised…he is, imo, the most incompetent and clueless official I’ve ever seen in 63 or so years of watching live sport. Not ‘crooked’…just dreadful.

This properly made me laugh out loud

https://twitter.com/NOT_MOTD/status/1782414542720426154

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)