+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Findings of EFL Investigation into Barnsley FC Imminent ?

Findings of EFL Investigation into Barnsley FC Imminent ?

EFL Charges were made last July 2023

Parekh did say they were expecting findings mid March/ early April 2024

Must be due soon.

Wiss find art soon mi owd. It'll all come art in wesh.

In mitigation the defendant (Barnsley FC) has pleaded guilty to all financial wrongdoings and have since complied with our rulings to the letter of the law apart from fielding an ineligible player in their FA Cup tie at Horsham

I'm of the opinion those personally responsible for these charges coming to light should be the one's in the dock .

Not the players and most certainly not the fans who should be punished .

I know it doesn't play out like that but that's what should happen none the less .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    I'm of the opinion those personally responsible for these charges coming to light should be the one's in the dock .

Not the players and most certainly not the fans who should be punished .

I know it doesn't play out like that but that's what should happen none the less .
    I think you are spot on Animal, if found guilty then Conway would find some kind of punishment for example a fine or a ban from being involved with a club from the English football league or of that nature, what happens might be totally different but I think on the face of what we know any punishment effecting the current team & fans would be extremely harsh .

One group of charges relate to the "club".

One charge relates to the conduct of Conway and Lee.

Hopefully Conway and Lee will be found not to be fit and proper persons to be in control of a football club.

It was the Nottingham Forest punishment that started me wondering what is happening with our investigation but, as I have said before, I don't see a points deduction. As if we would have overspent on players