+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: O/T Viagogo secondary ticketing site

O/T Viagogo secondary ticketing site

Has anybody had any experience using these?

After watching Liam Gallagher+John Squire on the Jonathan Ross Show, my other half decided she wouldn't mind seeing them.

They're at the Manchester Apollo on Wednesday night and there's plenty of re-sale tickets available

I must admit after seeing the review of their first gig at Glasgow I'm not entirely surprised as apparently there's no oasis or roses tunes being performed, which I suspect a lot of people expected.

Anyway, on the Viagogo site they had some as little as £20-£22, a 1/3rd of face value, which seems a bit too good to be true.
    That immediately set alarm bells ringing.
    So wondered if anybody on here had used them.

Quote Originally Posted by MagyarMiller View Post

After watching Liam Gallagher+John Squire on the Jonathan Ross Show, my other half decided she wouldn't mind seeing them.

They're at the Manchester Apollo on Wednesday night and there's plenty of re-sale tickets available

I must admit after seeing the review of their first gig at Glasgow I'm not entirely surprised as apparently there's no oasis or roses tunes being performed, which I suspect a lot of people expected.

Anyway, on the Viagogo site they had some as little as £20-£22, a 1/3rd of face value, which seems a bit too good to be true.
    In my experience, viagogo is legit. Prices will always depend on how well tickets are moving. So most well known popular acts are super expensive but some can end up much cheaper than the acts and touts would like. However, double and triple check it's not a fake version of the viogogo site, check the extract Web site address etc

Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post
    In my experience, viagogo is legit. Prices will always depend on how well tickets are moving. So most well known popular acts are super expensive but some can end up much cheaper than the acts and touts would like. However, double and triple check it's not a fake version of the viogogo site, check the extract Web site address etc
    Cheers raging, pretty much what I was thinking.
    I don't often look on it, but can't ever remember seeing them underprice, let alone that much under.
    Particularly for popular acts
    These have been dropping for a few days now.
    Having seen that review, possibly legitimate reasons for that.
    Also I think it said it was a fairly short show.
    I'll be extra careful before taking the plunge

A few years ago I got tickets for Foo Fighters in Paris on Viagogo, they cost me six quid. I was already on holiday there and it was worth the risk for such a low price.

Don’t pay too much, set is only 53 minutes and my mate paid £75 for a ticket when they went on sale

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_bukaroo View Post
    Don’t pay too much, set is only 53 minutes and my mate paid £75 for a ticket when they went on sale
    Yes that's what I'd heard.

I must admit Jake Bugg as support is a bit of a pull too.

I’ve used stub hub for a sporting event abroad that was sold out.
    They are a subsidiary of one of the big guns that caters for those people that can’t go anymore….allegedly
    I paid double the ticket price plus about £30 admin fee. This included delivery to my hotel and there were no problems at all. Stub hub kept contacting me before and on delivery day to see if everything went smoothly

Equivalent tickets were on sale on viagogo for about ten times face value so a lot more

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    I’ve used stub hub for a sporting event abroad that was sold out.
    They are a subsidiary of one of the big guns that caters for those people that can’t go anymore….allegedly
    I paid double the ticket price plus about £30 admin fee. This included delivery to my hotel and there were no problems at all. Stub hub kept contacting me before and on delivery day to see if everything went smoothly

Equivalent tickets were on sale on viagogo for about ten times face value so a lot more
    I'd forgotten about StubHub, I've just had a look and they've got some around face value as well, same as just about everybody else, apart from Viagogo.

Some of theirs are creeping up again, but some even cheaper.
    I've had a look at at some trustpilot reviews and mostly negative, but mainly down to overpriced tickets and some delivery issues.

I'll have a think today.
    Thanks for all the help everyone,

Incidentally when I was looking at things, I've just seen that StubHub bought Viagogo in 2021.

Yes that's what I'd heard.

I must admit Jake Bugg as support is a bit of a pull too.
    Absolutely couldn’t agree more, never seen him but would love to. I guess that eases the pain of the cost of the tickets.