+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Now Forest in trouble.

Now Forest in trouble.

Premier League fast becoming the the laughing stock league.
    Difficult to see who can get relegated on the field of play when all this stuff is going on off the field of football.
    Now it looks like you stay up if you have a better legal team then footballer players. The Albion just avoided the runation of the club at the Hands od the Communist party Lai, only to be staring at the Capitalist monster straight a head.
    Poor football in an ironic sense.

Whilst the principle does seem fair, i.e. those clubs with access to unlimited funds should not be able to buy their way to success. However, clearly the interpretation of the ‘rules’ has become an issue. You make a valid point Dubbag buddy, it is becoming more pertinent for those wealthy clubs to appoint Champions League quality legal teams !
    Nonsense is prevailing.
    Surely there should be a more simple guideline as to the criteria to keep within the FFP system?

Quote Originally Posted by Dubbag View Post
    Difficult to see who can get relegated on the field of play when all this stuff is going on off the field of football.
    Now it looks like you stay up if you have a better legal team then footballer players. The Albion just avoided the runation of the club at the Hands od the Communist party Lai, only to be staring at the Capitalist monster straight a head.

The way the NFL runs is a far better model in my opinion.

Each team is given the same salary cap to work within, next season it’s around $256m.

This means every team can only spend the same amount on wages for players, they can pay what they want for a head coach and assistant coaches though as their wages fall outside the salary cap.

Because there are no transfer fees in the NFL it would mean a spending cap would need to be in place as to how much each club could spend (nett) on transfers.

Regardless of the above and any rules the EPL and EFL put in place, the single most important factor is the vetting of potential owners.

If it’s someone like the Glazers at Man U who have a history of leveraging their purchases heavily, these are the types of owners who should be blocked.

It seems to me the teams receiving the punishments are not the big 6 teams. Everton, Forest and apparently Leicester if they go up will face a points deduction too.

Meanwhile Man City's charges seem to drag on and on. And Chelsea just spent almost a billion across 2 transfer windows.

These rules do not punish those who are abusing the system.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA123 View Post
    It seems to me the teams receiving the punishments are not the big 6 teams. Everton, Forest and apparently Leicester if they go up will face a points deduction too.

Meanwhile Man City's charges seem to drag on and on. And Chelsea just spent almost a billion across 2 transfer windows.

Doesn’t level the playing field does it? Just the opposite.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA123 View Post

This is what I don't understand although I haven't looked into in great detail. But why are City and Chelsea not deducted points? Is there corruption of sorts at play here?
    A case of to big to deduct?

This is what I don't understand although I haven't looked into in great detail. But why are City and Chelsea not deducted points? Is there corruption of sorts at play here?
    A case of to big to deduct?
    Everton and Forest have been docked points because they pleaded guilty to the charges.

Man City especially, are fighting each of there 100+ cases using the best lawyers in the field.

I presume that Everton and Forest just decided to take the pain and not drag it out whereas City and Chelsea can afford to.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    Everton and Forest have been docked points because they pleaded guilty to the charges.

Man City especially, are fighting each of there 100+ cases using the best lawyers in the field.

I presume that Everton and Forest just decided to take the pain and not drag it out whereas City and Chelsea can afford to.
    Basing the following on what I’ve read online and heard in snippets from the radio over the last few days and not claiming any great understanding of what's going on.

With Man City there's a lot of charges which makes for a lot of defences. Not only that but a number of those charges (apparently) relate to when Mancini was in charge between 2009 and 2013.

FFP was initially launched in 2009 but wasn't adopted by the EPL until 2013. There's apparently a lot of confusion over what was and wasn't allowed.

Meanwhile although Everton and Forest have co operated now, Forest knew full well they were in breach and took a gamble.

What makes things murkier for Everton is that they've admitted to objectively trying to cover things up while they were doing them.

So from my understanding one gambled and came clean without pretence and the other came clean after getting caught out in the hope that confession would be good for the soul.

Quote Originally Posted by Albionic68 View Post
    Basing the following on what I’ve read online and heard in snippets from the radio over the last few days and not claiming any great understanding of what's going on.

With Man City there's a lot of charges which makes for a lot of defences. Not only that but a number of those charges (apparently) relate to when Mancini was in charge between 2009 and 2013.

FFP was initially launched in 2009 but wasn't adopted by the EPL until 2013. There's apparently a lot of confusion over what was and wasn't allowed.

Meanwhile although Everton and Forest have co operated now, Forest knew full well they were in breach and took a gamble.

What makes things murkier for Everton is that they've admitted to objectively trying to cover things up while they were doing them.

So from my understanding one gambled and came clean without pretence and the other came clean after getting caught out in the hope that confession would be good for the soul.
    That last paragraph pretty much sums up my mindset since being married.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    That last paragraph pretty much sums up my mindset since being married.
    Or since getting married.
    Good post Mick..... Made me laugh more then a bit...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)