+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1321222324 LastLast

Thread: ⚽ Match Thread vs. Bradford City [EFL L2] 19.03.24

Maybe the club social media team shouldn't have bigged him up so much when he first got here then.

Quote Originally Posted by maddogslater View Post
    Maybe the club social media team shouldn't have bigged him up so much when he first got here then.

I’m not sure they bigged him up…surely their remit is to instill a bit of excitement into the fans, as opposed to dumbing him down?

Quote Originally Posted by maddogslater View Post
    I mean....Is that real? Lol. Can't tell if you're joking or not. What are the club supposed to do?
    " Here's our new 125k signing, he's not played much football lately and he's totally new to English league therefore, give him a couple of games to find his feet and maybe he'll start scoring after that". Jesus!
    That's just basic football knowledge. If you follow it all properly, you can make an informed judgement on this kind of thing. The club were quite open about how he wasn't up to match fitness when he first arrived.
    Imagine if you moved abroad for a new job and were expected to instantly fit in, hit the ground running etc within the first week, christ, course it would take you time to settle!
    To be honest, I thought Jatta would be used quite sparcely till next season due to his fitness but he's done amazing to get to grips with it all this quickly.
    Some people man!! Wow!! What do you expect? Miracles!! Are you just winding up or what? Sorry, not being rude but I'm totally flabbergasted by that comment!

To be honest...it has been miraculous so far. 2 starts with 3 goals and an assist. Pretty much unplayable against a very physical Bradford side. He's much more effective than Eli Sam (to which people are already doing their stupid comparisons ).

Fair play Jatta. Well done lad. Hope you become a legend.

Quote Originally Posted by MancMagpie View Post
    I mean....Is that real? Lol. Can't tell if you're joking or not. What are the club supposed to do?
    " Here's our new 125k signing, he's not played much football lately and he's totally new to English league therefore, give him a couple of games to find his feet and maybe he'll start scoring after that". Jesus!
    That's just basic football knowledge. If you follow it all properly, you can make an informed judgement on this kind of thing. The club were quite open about how he wasn't up to match fitness when he first arrived.
    Imagine if you moved abroad for a new job and were expected to instantly fit in, hit the ground running etc within the first week, christ, course it would take you time to settle!
    To be honest, I thought Jatta would be used quite sparcely till next season due to his fitness but he's done amazing to get to grips with it all this quickly.
    Some people man!! Wow!! What do you expect? Miracles!! Are you just winding up or what? Sorry, not being rude but I'm totally flabbergasted by that comment!

To be honest...it has been miraculous so far. 2 starts with 3 goals and an assist. Pretty much unplayable against a very physical Bradford side. He's much more effective than Eli Sam (to which people are already doing their stupid comparisons ).

Good post

Quote Originally Posted by MancMagpie View Post

Indeed. Any regular job and you get a week or two's "onboarding" to familiarise yourself with the team, processes, and your new role. Jatta moved to a completely new land, and he'd been training with the youth team while his visa was being sorted. No wonder if took him a few weeks to get up and running.

Considering Jatta is probably playing against the most physical players he has ever played against (?) he has done remarkably well. Big, strong, moves very well and gets in amongst them! Based on his start I am sure he will do very well for us. If anyone bigged him up it was us because we were so excited to get an option to work with Macca.

I see your victory against Bradford has really triggered them, in full meltdown over there. Their pitch deserves a point deduction. Disgraceful

Quote Originally Posted by SmiffyPie View Post
    Considering Jatta is probably playing against the most physical players he has ever played against (?) he has done remarkably well. Big, strong, moves very well and gets in amongst them! Based on his start I am sure he will do very well for us. If anyone bigged him up it was us because we were so excited to get an option to work with Macca.
    He certainly didn't seem phased by other lads for either of his goals, nor his running that led to Macca's goal. We just need a defender with similar attributes.

His second goal was really well taken angling his body just right for the shot.

Quote Originally Posted by since41 View Post
    His second goal was really well taken angling his body just right for the shot.
    Love to see that one from behind their goal. Great body position and it looks like he curled the ball around the keeper?

Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1321222324 LastLast