+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 LastLast

Thread: ⚽ Match Thread vs. Bradford City [EFL L2] 19.03.24

Quote Originally Posted by TSANHO View Post
    Can’t disagree with the praise for all the usual suspects but last night I thought Nemane had one of his best games for Notts. He was a constant menace, like he can often be, but his defensive work was night and day better than what it usually is. He was much closer and physical when defending and I thought he coped very well…..think he even blocked a cross coming in!
    That moment where he set Macca up for a one-on-one, when he carried the ball out of defence, totally outpaced his marker and then played a sublime pass through for Macca to run on to, was superb. It's the sort of thing he should be doing much more often than he does, but he was very impressive last night

Quote Originally Posted by OchPie View Post
    Their prices next season - not including the 100 quid early bird discount - are almost the same as ours this, 350 quid for an adult (not in the Kop).
    Yes but they've been very cheap over recent years, and that has led to many being bought by casual fans who only want to turn up for the important games. Now the tickets are going to be priced more realistically only the true fans will be likely to buy them, as with most clubs

Quote Originally Posted by Davy500 View Post
    Jatta looks like a usefull palyer, and then our usual top perfomers did well like langstaff, Crawley and Jones were on top form
    I was delighted with tghe win, but i am still cautious that we have turned the corner based on 1 game- even Stallard said Notts recently had not had the run of the green, but last night they did.
    I remind people at 1-0. a sub came on and hit the post for bradford , if it had gone to 1-1 would Notts have crumbled?
    So to sum up happy with win, but jury still out
    Yeah, we are all getting a bit carried away (understandably in the circumstances!) with a fine win last night.
    The acid test is on Saturday to follow up with an other win.
    And doing that is more than enough pressure without dreaming about very unlikely playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by tied_up_in_notts View Post
    Yes but they've been very cheap over recent years, and that has led to many being bought by casual fans who only want to turn up for the important games. Now the tickets are going to be priced more realistically only the true fans will be likely to buy them, as with most clubs
    Yep. Pretty sure they'll still be the cheapest club in the division to get a seat at.

They sold over 15,000 season tickets this season and those tickets are counted in every home game, so if only 1,000 fans turned up on the day the official attendance would be given as 16,000. It's not a fraud, clubs are allowed to announce ticket sales instead of bums in seats and they have been doing it for years, so famously have Arsenal and our neighbours too.

As I mentioned earlier in this thread, Bradford fans who regularly go to home games estimated last night's crowd at being somewhere between 5 and 6,000. They're also saying that season ticket prices are going through the roof next season and that crowds will probably be down to that level every game
    I may be wrong here but haven’t we had this discussion before about Notts.
    I thought we now do the same. Somebody on here must know.

As far as I'm aware we don't. But even if that has changed, we certainly don't sell thousands of cheap season tickets to people who rarely turn up, nor have I attended a home game this season in which the actual attendance looked any smaller than the official one

Quote Originally Posted by 1955pie View Post
    I may be wrong here but haven’t we had this discussion before about Notts.
    I thought we now do the same. Somebody on here must know.
    Notts were definitely doing it in the NL, it was blatantly obvious when the TV camera was in the JS looking across at a sparsely populated main stand.

As far as I'm aware we don't. But even if that has changed, we certainly don't sell thousands of cheap season tickets to people who rarely turn up, nor have I attended a home game this season in which the actual attendance looked any smaller than the official one
    I’ve been surprised on a few occasions with the announced crowd, to the degree where I thought we must be counting absent season ticket holders. The Sutton one the other week springs to mind.

Funny cos years ago Pavis and Dunnett were always accused of rounding down the numbers for whatever purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    I’ve been surprised on a few occasions with the announced crowd, to the degree where I thought we must be counting absent season ticket holders. The Sutton one the other week springs to mind.

Funny cos years ago Pavis and Dunnett were always accused of rounding down the numbers for whatever purpose.
    During the Dunnett years it was a bit of a running joke with my dad guessing how many they were knocking off the official attendance!

Coming back down to Earth after a great performance last night!!
    I was there. I was also at Accy. Good 4 points from 2 away games that.

A lot of people saying about the win.. "didn't see that coming"... but weirdly I had a good feeling about last night before the game. At Accy, there were definitely some signs of improvement and it looked like we were gonna nick it with that Colkett shot near the end. Also, starting Jatta at Accy and giving him a chance of 60 mins or so really fed in to confidence for the Bradford game.

No idea why people were judging Jatta and calling him a 'lump' etc on here was baffling to me. He had barely had 5 or 10 mins football before the Accy game, moved country, barely played in the league he came from. Jesus, stuff takes time and to be honest he's still barely had any time and already bagged 3 goals and an assist in 2 games, so hopefully that shuts some people up. People are so impatient.

Anyway. The second half felt to me like we got our identity back. The first half was decent enough and I thought we were still deserved of our lead going in at half time, despite a few wayward defensive passes.
    Got to hand it to all of them 2nd half though.
    Defence looked unbelievably solid compared to the rest of the season. Couldn't believe it. Warner, Cameron, Nemane blocking shots and throwing their bodies on the line. Looked like a different defence. It felt like Bradford were not going to score.

Congratulations Notts and SM. Hopefully it's a turning point and we can get a few more positive results before the season is over.

Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 LastLast