+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Safe at last

Safe at last

I know it was reasonably unlikely.

But as a Notts fan. Always good to get to 50 points.

Ages spent in the 40s, brilliant to see us jump over 50pts tonight. And yes, we go from 99% to 100% safe tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    Ages spent in the 40s, brilliant to see us jump over 50pts tonight. And yes, we go from 99% to 100% safe tonight.
    Not quite, another 3 points I think. Which will take Maynard 8 games to get. Probably.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodypie View Post
    Not quite, another 3 points I think. Which will take Maynard 8 games to get. Probably.
    What a bundle of joy….negativity at its absolute peak.

We aren't mathematically safe, though to be bottom Sutton would have to win every match and us pick up no more points, AND they'd have to overturn the 31 goal difference between us. One more point (or their next failure to win) and they can't catch us.

FGR's maximum return is now 57, Colchester's is 63, and Grimsby's is 66. I reckon we should be 100% safe within 3 games. Can't see us going down from here though, and if we can keep up the standards of that second half we shouldn't have to worry.

Quote Originally Posted by OchPie View Post
    We aren't mathematically safe, though to be bottom Sutton would have to win every match and us pick up no more points, AND they'd have to overturn the 31 goal difference between us. One more point (or their next failure to win) and they can't catch us.

FGR's maximum return is now 57, Colchester's is 63, and Grimsby's is 66. I reckon we should be 100% safe within 3 games. Can't see us going down from here though, and if we can keep up the standards of that second half we shouldn't have to worry.
    We've done this sort of thing before. All the bottom teams cannot get maximum points as they will lose points to eachother. I'd suggest there is no combination of results that could see us relegated.

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    We've done this sort of thing before. All the bottom teams cannot get maximum points as they will lose points to each other. I'd suggest there is no combination of results that could see us relegated.
    Those maximums sound like there probably does still exist some combinations of results - but the statistical likelihood is infinitesimal. I think those 4pts away more or less sealed our safety.

Won't be happy until it's mathematically impossible to go down...Mind have you seen the Forest Green run in Donny, Crewe, Mansfield, Wrexham, Morecambe (Away) Stockport, MK Dons, Notts, (Home)

Leaving Sutton aside, I'm fairly sure the rest below us can win all of their games except to lose to anybody they play below them and they all get to 57 or more points that way. Obviously that's not going to happen though, it 's really not worth worrying about now. Doncaster could probably lose every game now and stay up, maybe even Salford and Swindon. I can't see FGR or Sutton getting any more than 45 points.

This is what happens if every team below us wins every fixture left against teams currently above them.

Sutton - 51 pts
    FGR - 57 pts
    Colchester - 63 pts
    Grimsby - 63 pts
    Salford - 62 pts
    Swindon - 59 pts
    Donc - 67 pts
    Bradford - 68 pts
    Accrington - 68 pts
    Tranmere - 62 pts
    Harrogate - 63 pts

We're close but not there mathematically yet. Five of our last 8 games are against teams in that list.
    Last edited by OchPie; 21-03-2024 at 02:17 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast