+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: O/T Mega Poptastic Pop Quiz (52)

The clues helped (I think).

5. Mickey - Toni Basil.
    9. Snowbird - Anne Murray.
    25. Gloria - Laura Brannigan.

57. Killer - Seal . Good clue CAM
    34. I know it's Tony Orlando and Dawn but I can't stop singing 'Knock three times' ....grrrrrr

22. Had a re think and a very big clue. It can only be The crazy world of Arthur Brown - Fire.
    Last edited by Brin; 20-03-2024 at 06:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eternal Optimist View Post
    The clues helped (I think).

5. Mickey - Toni Basil.
    9. Snowbird - Anne Murray.
    25. Gloria - Laura Brannigan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    57. Killer - Seal . Good clue CAM
    34. I know it's Tony Orlando and Dawn but I can't stop singing 'Knock three times' ....grrrrrr

22. Had a re think and a very big clue. It can only be The crazy world of Arthur Brown - Fire.
    All correct. Just to put another tune in your head Brin, it's also not Tie A Yellow Ribbon

23. Jamming - Bob Marley and the Wailers
    34 Candida, sorry Brin.

Quote Originally Posted by eversleymiller View Post
    23. Jamming - Bob Marley and the Wailer
    34 Candida, sorry Brin.
    Correct. Just 40 and 47 left and I was sure Brin would get 47.

Quote Originally Posted by eversleymiller View Post
    23. Jamming - Bob Marley and the Wailers
    34 Candida, sorry Brin.
    Damn it! Thanks for that eversley

Wow 47, my favourite song to my good LADY. It was the second part of the verse....'Let me hold you in my arms forever more' that nailed it.

The 'Gamble'/ 'Gambler' bit also helped.

40, What’s lacking at NYS - Russ Abbot.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Wow 47, my favourite song to my good LADY. It was the second part of the verse....'Let me hold you in my arms forever more' that nailed it.

The 'Gamble'/ 'Gambler' bit also helped.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolmorgan View Post
    40, What’s lacking at NYS - Russ Abbot.
    That's the last two wrapped up for a full house of solves on one word titles (taking inspiration from Wordle although I couldn't quite be bothered to make them all 5 letters long). Another one will be on it's way either later this week or early next.

1. Like down in the streets or down in the sewer Or even on the end of a skewer Peaches The Stranglers
    2. A man decides after seventy years That what he goes there for, is to unlock the door Crazy Seal
    3. Now the dark days are done and the bright days are here Sunny Georgie Fame/Bobby Hebb/Boney M
    4. You make me sad with your eyes You're telling me lies Don't go Don't go January Pilot
    5. So come on and give it to me anyway you can Anyway you want to do it, I'll take it like a man Mickey Toni Basil
    6. If you want to turn me onto Anything you really want to Caroline Status Quo
    7. May be the chill that autumn brings May be a hundred different things She Charles Aznavour/Elvis Costello
    8. We played the games That people play We made our mistakes Along the way Still Lionel Richie
    9. The unborn grass lies waiting For its coat to turn to green Snowbird Anne Murray
    10. I need to, I need to, I need to. I need to make you see Michelle The Overlanders/The Beatles/David & Jonathan
    11. I used to say "I" and "me" Now it's "us", now it's "we" Ben Michael Jackson
    12. And what you give is what you get And what you give is what you get Start The Jam
    13. Ooh, yeah, you're amazing! We think you're incredible Wow Kate Bush
    14. I can lock all my doors, it's the only way to live Cars Gary Numan
    15. 'Cause I can't spell away this hurt That's drippin' down my cheek D-I-V-O-R-C-E Tammy Wynette
    16. When you get home (just a little bit) Yeah (just a little bit) Respect Aretha Franklin
    17. We made a start, now we're apart There's nothing left for me Sandy John Travolta
    18. And I do appreciate you being 'round Help The Beatles
    19. You're so sweet You're so fine I want you all and everything just to be mine Jeepster T Rex
    20. What's it all about Alfie Cilla Black/Dionne Warwick
    21. Above us, only sky Imagine John Lennon
    22. Now's your time, burn your mind You're falling far, too far behind Fire The Crazy World of Arthur Brown
    23. We all defend the right; Jah - Jah children must unite Jammin' Bob Marley and the Wailers
    24. In black and white They really, really ought to know Shout Tears for Fears
    25. You're always on the run now Running after somebody, you gotta get him somehow Gloria Laura Branigan
    26. Just one look and then my heart went boom Zoom Fat Larry's Band
    27. Let me hear you sing once more like you did before Sing a new song Chiquitita ABBA
    28. I loved you since I knew you I wouldn't talk down to you Roxanne The Police
    29. I'm begging you please to come home Come on home Cecilia Simon & Garfunkel
    30. Worry, why do I let myself worry? Wondering what in the world did I do? Crazy Patsy Cline
    31. Who's tripping down the streets of the city Smilin' at everybody she sees Windy The Association
    32. So unplug the jukebox and do us all a favor Antmusic Adam and the Ants
    33. Got to hit me (hit me) Hit me (hit me) Hit me with those laser beams Relax Frankie Goes To Hollywood
    34. Just take my hand, and I'll lead ya I promise life will be sweeter Candida Tony Orlando and Dawn
    35. Walk my way And a thousand violins begin to play Misty Johnny Mathis
    36. Do you remember The 21st night September Earth, Wind and Fire
    37. That's why, darling, it's incredible That someone Unforgettable Nat King/Natalie Cole
    38. To see her in that négligée Is really just too much Centerfold J.Geils Band
    39. She said, "Little boy, gonna make you a man" Lola The Kinks
    40. So get your body movin' 'Cause tonight has just begun Oh, let it go Whoa, let it show Atmosphere Russ Abbot
    41. I can see it in your eyes I can see it in your smile Hello Lionel Richie
    42. But you can give them to the birds and bees Money The Flying Lizards
    43. You're my king and I'm in heaven every time I look at you Denis Blondie
    44. Just a man, with a man's courage He knows nothing but a man But he can never fail Flash Queen
    45. Watchin' and waitin' She's sittin' with you But her eyes are on the door Maneater Hall & Oates
    46. You don't know how many times I've wished that I had told you Cherish The Association
    47. There's so many ways I want to say I love you Let me hold you in my arms forever more Lady Kenny Rogers
    48. Let all the children boogie Starman David Bowie
    49. Like a whirlpool, it never ends And it's you, girl, making it spin Dizzy Tommy Roe
    50. The north side of my town faced east, and the east was facing south Substitute The Who
    51. Then I saw you last night, you held my hand so tight When you stopped to say, "Hello" Crying Roy Orbison/Don McLean
    52. And when he laid eyes on her He got the feeling they had met before Babooshka Kate Bush
    53. I'm a King Kong man, I'm a voodoo man Apeman The Kinks
    54. Induction then destruction Who wants to die? War Edwin Starr
    55. Just like that river twisting through a dusty land Rio Duran Duran
    56. Piddle dee pat I know that new love thrills me I know that true love will be Heartbeat Buddy Holly
    57. Brother Sister Brother Brother Sister Brother Brother Sister Brother Killer Adamski/Seal
    58. Nein it's mine is just his line To bind our time it drives you to crime (crime) Fame David Bowie
    59. You burden me with your questions You'd have me tell no lies Unbelievable EMF
    60. Don't just stand there, let's get to it Strike a pose, there's nothing to it Vogue Madonna

Thanks Cam x

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast