+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Damage limitation

Damage limitation

This is what's on individual players' minds right now.
    Not for the team though.
    But for themselves as earners.
    At the end of this season a lot of them will be disposed of or will be seeking a better contract elsewhere.
    They are never going to go all out now and risk getting crocked in the remaining games are they? They have decided not to chase a lost cause, but instead just want to avoid getting injured.
    And it shows. Boy, it shows.

Could be.

Or maybe LR has already lost the dressing room? The effect would be the same.

I think everything is possible but if LR has lost the dressing room it doesn't matter because it will be a different dressing room next season and we are down anyway! The season was over weeks ago and the last 8 games will seem to pass by so slowly.I honestly don't know how they can maintain any intensity in training.LR can't get to work on next season until the players that will be taking part in it arrive,the players that are leaving will know they are,post match press conferences are just repeated and even Paul Davis is having trouble thinking of things to write about.The club is merely existing at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Badfellow View Post
    I think everything is possible but if LR has lost the dressing room it doesn't matter because it will be a different dressing room next season and we are down anyway! The season was over weeks ago and the last 8 games will seem to pass by so slowly.I honestly don't know how they can maintain any intensity in training.LR can't get to work on next season until the players that will be taking part in it arrive,the players that are leaving will know they are,post match press conferences are just repeated and even Paul Davis is having trouble thinking of things to write about.The club is merely existing at the moment.
    Paul Davies has got no real links to the club and that has been the way for a few years. if you monitor social media, he is often a few minutes behind that Plank from Radio Sheffied (Rob Staton) and simply repeats what they say. I believe from a discussion I had with another fan last weekend, there are likely to be some significant changes annouced at Board level in the summer. Despite rumours, TS will not be stepping down but there will be one or two changes made to the operational running of the club that will enable him to slowly drift away into retirement.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthWestCorner View Post
    Paul Davies has got no real links to the club and that has been the way for a few years. if you monitor social media, he is often a few minutes behind that Plank from Radio Sheffied (Rob Staton) and simply repeats what they say. I believe from a discussion I had with another fan last weekend, there are likely to be some significant changes annouced at Board level in the summer. Despite rumours, TS will not be stepping down but there will be one or two changes made to the operational running of the club that will enable him to slowly drift away into retirement.
    Significant changes’ at board level?

We’ll pick the bones out of his lot who may be moving on;

Chairman: Tony Stewart OBE

Vice Chairman: Richard Stewart

Chief Operating Officer: Paul Douglas

Operations Director: Julie Hunt

Finance Director: Karen Thomas

Commercial Director: Steve Coakley

Stadium Director: Terry Stewart

Director: Jon Finelli

Director of Football: Rob Scott

Interesting news regarding the board potential changes.

In regards to the "Lost the dressing room" and "clear out of players"

I don't have stats to hand but,
    Remember we still have a core of highly paid players still under contract.
    And looking back on our thread (Retained list)
    We more or less agreed together on at least 7/8 players to keep or would do a job in League One.

My point is, it won't be a total blank canvas for LR.
    He may still have to deal with a bad apple or Two!

Keep Rob Scott out of that list.
    The rest can go.

if douglas ends up being given more power i will drink a lot of whiskey that day and shed a tear for my beloved millers

Has anyone got any evidence for saying Paul Douglas is doing a bad job?

It's just lazy to slate him with no reason

Everyone I have ever asked has never come up with an answer

Quote Originally Posted by the_idiotb_stardson View Post
    Has anyone got any evidence for saying Paul Douglas is doing a bad job?

It's just lazy to slate him with no reason

Everyone I have ever asked has never come up with an answer
    I'm currently listening to Radio Sheffield, (football heaven). The person that's openly discussing and explaining all about Sheff Utd is non other than their CEO Steve Bettis. I wonder if Paul Douglas would be up for a talk on the show explaining where the club's expenditure has been spent this season and not just on players?

It's a great insight what's going on at Sheff Utd, the purchase of new training ground, although he admits it will be two full seasons before it's up to full use etc. It would answer an allay a lot of 'smoke and mirrors' as some see the club being currently run, highlighting responsibilities for recruitment and mega players wages being paid that have had a very poor return etc.
    Last edited by Brin; 20-03-2024 at 06:33 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast