+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Viktor off at a bargain price

Doesn't say he is going (but probably will) and doesn't quote a fee. Only quotes a release fee as seven figures. Probably pedantic of me but always too many assumptions on here.

good luck to him if he leaves he owes us nothing, you would hope that we have an option to put in a good sell on %, but with our asset management being what it is it wouldn't surprise me if we didn't do that.

The only way we could get him to sign a contract extension was with this in place. Nobody was moaning when he signed a new contract. It’s just the way it is. He wouldn’t have signed if not.

It was this, or not have him sign at all and go on a free.

He did his part. The club didn't.

Did predict it in an earlier thread

Not a shock, I did put it on here a few weeks ago that he'll go for less than £3M.

Quote Originally Posted by CTMilller View Post
    That sounds incredibly vague. I can understand there is a triggering fee level which would allow him to exit the club if we drop down a level but is there scope for clubs to bid higher numbers if more than one club is interested? It sounds odd that we would be bound to accept the first offer that met the trigger fee. Surely Viktor and/or his agent would have a say in that?
    CT, I think if more than 1 team bids for Viktor, and the release clause is reached, then it gives them permission to talk with him. Then it's up to the teams to reach a deal, wages & contract, with him. It's his choice then.

Good luck Viktor, and thanks.

We have always been hopeless/amateurish in the transfer market - doubt it will ever change. We seem to lack a clear strategy with this, and a number of other matters

Quote Originally Posted by BramleyMiller58 View Post
    Did predict it in an earlier thread
    Quote Originally Posted by avondalemiller View Post
    Not a shock, I did put it on here a few weeks ago that he'll go for less than £3M.
    Yes but with the prediction prowess you two show in Brin's league why would anyone believe you?

Quote Originally Posted by CTMilller View Post
    That sounds incredibly vague. I can understand there is a triggering fee level which would allow him to exit the club if we drop down a level but is there scope for clubs to bid higher numbers if more than one club is interested? It sounds odd that we would be bound to accept the first offer that met the trigger fee. Surely Viktor and/or his agent would have a say in that?
    Once a club matches the clause in the contract that's it for RUFC. It is then the terms offered by the bidding club that will determine where Victor chooses to go.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast