+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Raith tickets

I think it's harsh to be honest. Don't think it matters how many fans they bring. We were filling the shed during our "5 cup finals" at end of last season and it did absolutely **** all for us.

I’m not understanding half of this. IF they are indeed in the Shed, then I’m not sure why it’s only 1300 tickets? There’s never been a need to ‘segregate’ between the Shed and the GF and that’s included games against the ugly sisters, so obviously the question is, why now? Additionally, back in Dec, Utd had said to them that if they sold out the Shed (which they didn’t) that additional tickets would be released for the Jim McLean. So given that, there can’t be ‘operational issues’ affecting that stand then surely?

I genuinely think this decision is down to bad blood in the Club (and let’s face it the support) due to the season long antics such as the league winning celebrations in Dec and their farcical SM output such as the ‘lucky’ Raith Rovers and the ‘sliding in to Sunday’ tweets. Maybe United have just thought that enough is enough. Churlish maybe but in all honesty you can understand it.

The FP hasn't been used all season which suggests to me it's been closed to reduce costs. If that's the case it'll be in a state and require some sort of investment to get it ready. Unlikely we'd do that for one match at this stage of the season.

So, for me, the club are deliberately limiting the RR crowd to give us a greater home advantage. I'm not really convinced it does anyway. 🤔

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    The FP hasn't been used all season which suggests to me it's been closed to reduce costs. If that's the case it'll be in a state and require some sort of investment to get it ready. Unlikely we'd do that for one match at this stage of the season.

So, for me, the club are deliberately limiting the RR crowd to give us a greater home advantage. I'm not really convinced it does anyway. 🤔

It's not about costs, it's about pricing which Utd got wrong, first home game v dunfermline we started off selling them the fair play, they complained about the pricing as it was nearly all upper tier pricing for their fans, instead of just changing the pricing for away fans to a couple quid cheaper we have annoyingly put them in the shed all season

Also if they are getting the shed and it's reduced, that's still the 3 big middle sections roughly going by the allocation figure above which is decent, only the smaller side sections would be empty

However they absolutely should not be getting the shed, we'd sell out out

As for RR going on about extending our allocation, we sold tickets that would be unsold and gave you more money in doing so, not the same scenario here as we'd sell the shed, we took 6600 in total to Starks park this season across both games

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    It's not about costs...
    You seen quite authoritative about that but I'm not so sure.

FP being closed has nothing to do with ticket pricing.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    FP being closed has nothing to do with ticket pricing.

What I said in my last post is exactly what happened, we started selling tickets to Dunfermline fans for the opening home game in August, they then complained all over the place about upper tier pricing, Utd backed down and had to move Dunfermline fans who had already started buying for the FP into the shed, and from then on in we have put away fans in the shed

So what has happened to the FP since then? As that's definitely how it went in August 100%

DUSF were asked in January to start funding the general maintenance of Tannadice, which they quite rightly declined.
    There's your reason right there why the FP won't be opened, it hasn't been maintained since away fans moved to the Shed. Not difficult to work out and everything to do with cost.
    Their number one priority to penny pinch will for the ump****th time bite them on the arse. DUSF offered to subsidise it's members to use the Shed, our moronic owner and his shower of muppets will be losing plenty of money for this game which should have been a sellout.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutherland Arab View Post
    DUSF were asked in January to start funding the general maintenance of Tannadice, which they quite rightly declined.
    There's your reason right there why the FP won't be opened, it hasn't been maintained since away fans moved to the Shed. Not difficult to work out and everything to do with cost.
    Their number one priority to penny pinch will for the ump****th time bite them on the arse. DUSF offered to subsidise it's members to use the Shed, our moronic owner and his shower of muppets will be losing plenty of money for this game which should have been a sellout.
    Spot on. Hasn't been used all season and isn't currently fit for purpose. Probably won't be used again unless we get promoted.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)