+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: O/ T So what book are you currently reading?

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    When the plot of Five Go To Smuggler's Top gets a bit too heavy I've been reading Discovering Dahlias, a NYT best seller by a local grower here. Had a lovely day at RHS Harlow Carr in Harrogate with Mrs. CA on our last trip back there. Must have that pint one day Lol and we can talk gardening, much more relaxing than talking Millers.
    Harrogate Flower shows worth a visit Cam but now it’s at Newby Hall Ripon.We usually stay in Harrogate & do Harlow Carr & the flower show.

I was bought "Wigan Peer" for Christmas so I'm looking forward to starting that.

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    I was bought "Wigan Peer" for Christmas so I'm looking forward to starting that.
    If it is the book by George Orwell, i'd be interested to know what you think of it, I like him as an author but that is only one of 2 books i couldn't be bothered to finish it's more like a government report on poor housing than a novel

Christopher Hitchens _ Jefferson Biography as non-fiction and working my way through the Foundation books by Asimov for non-fiction

Quote Originally Posted by jakethemiller View Post
    If it is the book by George Orwell, i'd be interested to know what you think of it, I like him as an author but that is only one of 2 books i couldn't be bothered to finish it's more like a government report on poor housing than a novel
    I will do. "George Orwell was commissioned by Victor Gollancz to write on the depressed areas of the north of England". I wonder what he'd write now.

The History of Jazz. Ted Gioia.

No interest in fiction. Probably explains my general lack of interest in some of the delusional *******s on here.

Changing the Narrative

A few have read it on here, I'm sure.

The business of trying to keep rotherham United…by Giles brearley..

Bernie Taupin's autobiography "Scattergun".

Not bad.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12