+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The New England Team Kits

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Masbroughstreet View Post
    I agree it's a daft thing to do, if the colours are wrong then it's not the England flag and I doubt many other countries would have done. I don't think it was done to deliberately cause controversy, I just think there are obviously some very naive people who were making the decisions. At the end of the day though, it's a tiny flag on the back of a football shirt, it's certainly not worth the tantrums some people have had about it. Personally I'm more offended by the price than the flag being the wrong colour!
    You might label it as a tantrum but liken it to raining. You don't put up an umbrella after one spot of rain. This is the one drop insignificant on its own but get enough and you've got a flood.

That's how it works, the drip drip drip of social engineering hardly noticeable but the overall message is you WILL think this way

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    You might label it as a tantrum but liken it to raining. You don't put up an umbrella after one spot of rain. This is the one drop insignificant on its own but get enough and you've got a flood.

That's how it works, the drip drip drip of social engineering hardly noticeable but the overall message is you WILL think this way
    On the flip side, if you'd not been told you needed to be offended by it by certain media, would you have even noticed it was there? and if the answer is no, then why are you even bothered?

Just to clarify, I think the flag on the shirt is daft, if it's not a red cross on a white background, then it's not an England flag. But that's it, daft, nothing more than that.

On the flip side, if you'd not been told you needed to be offended by it by certain media, would you have even noticed it was there? and if the answer is no, then why are you even bothered?

Just to clarify, I think the flag on the shirt is daft, if it's not a red cross on a white background, then it's not an England flag. But that's it, daft, nothing more than that.
    If you follow Nike's logic about reflecting the history of the England team, if they did the German one there would be a swastika on the shirt

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    If you follow Nike's logic about reflecting the history of the England team, if they did the German one there would be a swastika on the shirt
    Would you buy one?

Would you buy one?
    No, I'll stick true to form and buy the big coque one

Quote Originally Posted by masbroughstreet View Post
    would you buy one?