+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Friendlies

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    Don't rate Foden like Grealish a one trick pony cut inside all the time.
    With your track record that probably means he’ll go and win the Ballon d'Or in the next few years.

When he plays for England he hasn't then got his better quality club players to back him up.
    gru, I'll give you that with his team mates 'not there to back him up'. I think what you mean, as a club, they all interlock to produce some stunning football in the Premier League but to call Foden a one trick pony, I think you've fell off yours with that statement pal.

He is by far an extremely talented and gifted young player who exudes unbelievable sense of play at times so much so that I'm glad he's English and looking forward to representing them for years to come.
    Last edited by Brin; 24-03-2024 at 11:50 AM.

When he plays for England he hasn't then got his better quality club players to back him up.
    England have quality players . Like I said , if allowed to play .

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    gru, I'll give you that with his team mates 'not there to back him up'. I think what you mean, as a club, they all interlock to produce some stunning football in the Premier League but to call Foden a one trick pony, I think you've fell off yours with that statement pal.

He is by far an extremely talented and gifted young player who exudes unbelievable sense of play at times so much so that i'm glad he's English and looking forward to representing them for years to come.

No no no three times no I don't watch premiership but watch England's games yet to see what Foden brings to the side. A player that can only cut inside isn't a wide player how I see it.

England have an outstanding squad of players at all levels, not just the ones picked in the squad either, yet the national team will win nothing because we have a manager and coach that aren't even successful at championship level. The reason we have got to the later stages of recent tournamnets is down to the raw talent available we should have won the euros at wembley and at least one of the last two world cup semis. Southgate is a politican more than a great coach and that is what the FA want because it allows them to attract money and avoid criticisim.

No no no three times no I don't watch premiership but watch England's games yet to see what Foden brings to the side. A player that can only cut inside isn't a wide player how I see it.
    Then you have no background to quantify your view on Foden if you don't watch Premier League games. Going on what you say, then it's about 3 possibly 4 games a year you see him play if you're lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by Derbymiller View Post
    England have an outstanding squad of players at all levels, not just the ones picked in the squad either, yet the national team will win nothing because we have a manager and coach that aren't even successful at championship level. The reason we have got to the later stages of recent tournamnets is down to the raw talent available we should have won the euros at wembley and at least one of the last two world cup semis. Southgate is a politican more than a great coach and that is what the FA want because it allows them to attract money and avoid criticisim.
    Imagine Cloughie being in charge?. I can just imagine the head of the FA trying to call him out.....Cloughie replying " Now listen here young man'' .

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    you have no background to quantify your view.
    When has that ever bothered gru?

Shame Mcguckin isnt English 😃

Quote Originally Posted by Masbroughstreet View Post
    When has that ever bothered gru?
    Good point

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast