+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Friendlies

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    Never seen him play won't watch Liverpool. Couldn't beat wide men going on the outside like Towner Chioe Mcbride Pringle if only it's one step over to get cross in.
    That's why you know nothing about football.......you don't watch it.

Been saying for it years Pickfords distribution is terrible..he should be removed from the team..!..

Heavy rain forecast could they have shut the roof..?.

Quote Originally Posted by clarkey1974 View Post
    Been saying for it years Pickfords distribution is terrible..he should be removed from the team..!..

Heavy rain forecast could they have shut the roof..?.
    Wembley doesn’t have a full roof cover . Think the roof behind one goal retracts to let sunlight get on the pitch .

Watched it my question can they win a major tournament without defenders coming through to replace ones who need to be? Full backs central defenders there aren't many options.

Watched it my question can they win a major tournament without defenders coming through to replace ones who need to be? Full backs central defenders there aren't many options.
    Based on... having not watched the Premier League...?

No no no three times no I don't watch premiership (sic)

I actually agree with you gru. We actually tried to play much more on the front foot last night and even with a makeshift attacking unit, looked much more direct in passing from defence through to attack and leading to chances. I think that's the way to go and if he gets the full squad fit up top, we will be as good as anyone in the Euros. But even with a first choice defence there are always going to be chances we give away that will likely be the thing that will cost us against the top teams. A real shame as we have great riches in midfield and forward.

Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post
    I actually agree with you gru. We actually tried to play much more on the front foot last night and even with a makeshift attacking unit, looked much more direct in passing from defence through to attack and leading to chances. I think that's the way to go and if he gets the full squad fit up top, we will be as good as anyone in the Euros. But even with a first choice defence there are always going to be chances we give away that will likely be the thing that will cost us against the top teams. A real shame as we have great riches in midfield and forward.
    We might have to find a solution in our midfield. It might be easier to find a replacement for Rice.

He's probably at a level now where he could easily fit into the back 4 for England and do a much better job than the other options we have.

I'd juggle Bellingham, Mainoo, Gallacher and Maddison in a warm up game and look at the options and play Rice at the back. Just to have a look.

With a different keeper if possible.

Didn't realise belgiums kits was designed as a nod to tin tin…!..

Also people mentioning the oversized cockerel on the France shirt..headline writers had a bit of fun.!.

Quote Originally Posted by MillersJ81 View Post
    Wembley doesn’t have a full roof cover . Think the roof behind one goal retracts to let sunlight get on the pitch .
    Correct. Wembley Stadium has a partially retractable roof that covers the central pitch area but does not completely enclose the entire stadium. The roof sits 52 meters above the pitch and can be closed for concerts and events, providing some protection from the rain for the fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Correct. Wembley Stadium has a partially retractable roof that covers the central pitch area but does not completely enclose the entire stadium. The roof sits 52 meters above the pitch and can be closed for concerts and events, providing some protection from the rain for the fans.
    Was an England fan member under Sven , Maclaren and Capello . Promised so much but delivered very little . Was at the Croatia game at Wembley , the Wally with the brolly one . Definitely wasn’t a roof closed that night we got drenched. 🤣. Germany World Cup 06 was fun too .

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456