+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How much do you love the current team?

How much do you love the current team?

I'm not sure if I'm going slightly mad, or it's the spring air but I love watching Notts as much as I have ever done or maybe even more!

I'm no spring chicken. I've seen some brilliant ear's at Meadow Lane but genuinely love this team as much as any. I know I might get slated after the dodgy run we have been on but generally (on the slightly longer view, not just the last few weeks) we have some class players who can actually work some magic, brilliant goal scorers, creative free flowing football, and a great work mentality.

Wondered if others have a similar view?

Certainly one of the most exciting teams I remember in a very long time, some individuals in there that are playing way below their ability but absolutely delighted to have them at the lane...results have been patchy since the turn of the year, I bet the whole mystery over LW staying or going caused a lot of upheaval at the club and Maynard came into the club at a tough time results wise... we have seen the green shoots in a few games and apart from some dreadful individual errors we haven't been as bad as I have thought, the weekend at Stanley apart from Camerons terrible brain fart I though we were decent and just about deserved the 3 points but at Bradfud we really showed what we could do especially in the second half... the munto season we had an amazing team and I will put this one on par apart from some of the defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Pietastic View Post
    I'm not sure if I'm going slightly mad, or it's the spring air but I love watching Notts as much as I have ever done or maybe even more!

I'm no spring chicken. I've seen some brilliant ear's at Meadow Lane but genuinely love this team as much as any. I know I might get slated after the dodgy run we have been on but generally (on the slightly longer view, not just the last few weeks) we have some class players who can actually work some magic, brilliant goal scorers, creative free flowing football, and a great work mentality.

And even better noses.

I've seen some brilliant ear's at Meadow Lane

The best ones were on the donkeys we’ve often signed.

Quote Originally Posted by Pietastic View Post

Great post.

As much as I am a pretty pessimistic at times this period, especially the NL, has been my favourite as a Notts fan since ‘94. That’s down to the general enjoyment of the way the team play and the way it has largely been run by the owners. These players could never be accused of not caring, not since the day the owners came through the door really….if we can keep the same calibre of attitude consistent in our recruitment we will never be in trouble I reckon.

Quote Originally Posted by applepie2 View Post
    I've seen some brilliant ear's at Meadow Lane

The best ones were on the donkeys we’ve often signed.
    It's been much better since Football Radar started keeping tabs on prospective signings

I will always love this team.

If I criticise them it is because I want them to do better not because my love for them has been diminished. There have been players that stand out in my mind as greats for this club and there have been a few that have been villians not because that have not be good enough but because they have not done their best. When I boo them it is to let them know they have let us down but I will cheer them if they put the effort in even if they lose.

Most are FL-status regaining legends...by getting that done, by delivering, they saved the club most likely
    Then this was amplified by the manner we did it in (that epic Boreham Wood game alone....) and the style of play

Every player involved in that promotion goes down in Notts County lore IMO.
    Then add loveable players such as that kid Macari, Jatta etc and the answer to the OP is a helluva lot. That's why it made it so tough to see the team go into freefall. Let's hope it's at least stabilised now, and nobody was insisting on promotion this season.

Yes, I do.
    I’ve always said as a Notts fan, the only thing I demand to see is 100% effort.
    This squad gives us that but also ability and team cohesion.
    It’s why I just can’t get on board with booing, slating players etc.
    In any other walk of life, if someone is struggling you support them and help them. I don’t know why in football we think the opposite is the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by kill_the_drum View Post
    Yes, I do.
    I’ve always said as a Notts fan, the only thing I demand to see is 100% effort.
    This squad gives us that but also ability and team cohesion.
    It’s why I just can’t get on board with booing, slating players etc.
    In any other walk of life, if someone is struggling you support them and help them. I don’t know why in football we think the opposite is the answer.
    Top words KtD

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast