+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ashley Barnes

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    I'd have been proper pi$$ed if I had backed it at 11/1.
    If you'd backed it EW at 11/1 you'd have made a profit on it as it came 3rd. It looks like it could have won doing handstands if the jockey had wanted it to though. Seeing as Ash isn't co-operating, you'd have to think there was some skulduggery on the exchanges involved which he doesn't want to come to light, or maybe he was just a piss poor jockey who got it all wrong, who knows ?

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    If you'd backed it EW at 11/1 you'd have made a profit on it as it came 3rd. It looks like it could have won doing handstands if the jockey had wanted it to though. Seeing as Ash isn't co-operating, you'd have to think there was some skulduggery on the exchanges involved which he doesn't want to come to light, or maybe he was just a piss poor jockey who got it all wrong, who knows ?
    You know I don't back each way mon ami.

You know I don't back each way mon ami.
    I reckon at least 90% of my bets will be each way, 5/6/7 places in big field handicaps and some bookies are now paying 1/2/3 in 7 horse races, that's almost half the field. In fact I've just had a quick count, I put 37 bets on on Saturday, 36 of them were each way, the only win bet was Heltenham at Newbury which won at 5/4.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    I reckon at least 90% of my bets will be each way, 5/6/7 places in big field handicaps and some bookies are now paying 1/2/3 in 7 horse races, that's almost half the field. In fact I've just had a quick count, I put 37 bets on on Saturday, 36 of them were each way, the only win bet was Heltenham at Newbury which won at 5/4.
    Each to their own eh mon ami?

Each to their own eh mon ami?
    Of course mon ami, you just do what works best for you, I'm pretty good at picking seconds so each way works well for me.

I did not wish to crow because you are the one who studies the gee-gees to the stables and back, but three weeks ago I had 7 winners out of 9 races and ended up with over £1200 in the arse pocket.

It sorts out next season's season tickets and no mistake.

The lass in Ladbrokes asked how do I do it?

I said I wish I knew I'd be a zillionaire.

Since then I'm £200 down and not a winner in sight.

My last pick is still running!

Having a rest for a bit now.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)