+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Penalties Conceded This Season

Penalties Conceded This Season

Apparently it's 14 altogether.

Any good stat-heads know how many points that has cost us? Difficult to work out I suppose.

For example. The one against Accy cost us 2pts.
    Did Tranmere get 2 against us? Lost 4-2 so that's 1 point.
    Sutton at home 3-4 cost us a point.

Obvs many more....safe to say we could well be in the mix for the playoffs if we gave away just half of them (which is probably a 'normal' amount for the season).

Defo needs addressing. Not sure if it's just bad luck or bad discipline....or both!

Quote Originally Posted by MancMagpie View Post
    Apparently it's 14 altogether.

Any good stat-heads know how many points that has cost us? Difficult to work out I suppose.

For example. The one against Accy cost us 2pts.
    Did Tranmere get 2 against us? Lost 4-2 so that's 1 point.
    Sutton at home 3-4 cost us a point.

Obvs many more....safe to say we could well be in the mix for the playoffs if we gave away just half of them (which is probably a 'normal' amount for the season).

Defo needs addressing. Not sure if it's just bad luck or bad discipline....or both!
    If I was a Florist fan or Marinakis I would be saying the ref or the EFL were out to get us.

Thank God we don't have VAR

Barrow (a) ended 1-1 so their pen cost us 2 points.

Crewe (a) ended 0-1 so their pen cost us 1 point.

Wimbledon (a) ended up 2-4 so their two pens cost us 1 point.

Stockport (a) ended 1-2 so their pen cost us 1 point.

Grimsby (a) ended 5-5 so their pen cost us 2 points.

Sutton (h) ended 3-4 so their pen cost us 1 point.

Accrington (a) ended 2-2 so their pen cost us 2 points.

Without these pens we'd have an extra 10 points on the board, bringing our total from 51 to 61, and moving us up to 7th level on points with Barrow, clear of 8th by 4 points and only 6 points of the automatic promotion spots...
    Last edited by BCnotts18; 22-03-2024 at 01:13 AM. Reason: Mistake

I don't think we can grumble too much about the penalties conceded. We have too many players who aren't natural defenders.

When they try to deal with things in our own box it just looks wrong a lot of the time and this makes it easier for the refs to call them - even though a fair few of them are very marginal.

What we can moan about is the lack of calls at the other end, especially the far more obvious wrestling fouls on Maca.
    If these happened anywhere on the pitch they would blow up automatically. I think they chicken out in the penalty area because they're afraid of the defenders' and coaches' reactions.

Too often there's clear and prolonged wrestling, ending with at least Maca on the ground. It can't be nothing and no whistle. It's clearly something, make a bloody decision. As I said, in the middle park there's no way they'd let the incident go with no whistle. They'd blow for something. We've been robbed of a large number of penalties over the past two seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    I don't think we can grumble too much about the penalties conceded. We have too many players who aren't natural defenders.

When they try to deal with things in our own box it just looks wrong a lot of the time and this makes it easier for the refs to call them - even though a fair few of them are very marginal.

What we can moan about is the lack of calls at the other end, especially the far more obvious wrestling fouls on Maca.
    If these happened anywhere on the pitch they would blow up automatically. I think they chicken out in the penalty area because they're afraid of the defenders' and coaches' reactions.

Too often there's clear and prolonged wrestling, ending with at least Maca on the ground. It can't be nothing and no whistle. It's clearly something, make a bloody decision. As I said, in the middle park there's no way they'd let the incident go with no whistle. They'd blow for something. We've been robbed of a large number of penalties over the past two seasons.
    Agree with this. I can’t think of a penalty that I haven’t agreed with, or at least thought it’s a 50/50 decision.
    However Macca has been virtually assaulted at times and nothing given. Mansfield being one of the worst.
    That said, I’ve seen Cameron and Baldwin get away with a few as well.