+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Substitutes

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    Yep, a really big set of plyers to extract every bit of performance, or to pull out and remove the dead weight. I think they are available from Toolstation but other outlets are available
    You know the drill

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    Yep, a really big set of plyers to extract every bit of performance, or to pull out and remove the dead weight. I think they are available from Toolstation but other outlets are available
    Get a grip, it would be a big wrench for him to leave this early.

Quote Originally Posted by ThaiPie View Post
    Maybe some of you who are good with stats can get to the bottom of why Notts fade.
    I don't have any stats but I've often seen fitness levels related to top team performances in the later stages of matches. I remember Gordon Strachan being one of those fitness fanatics that managed to keep playing years longer than many of their contemporaries. When he was managing Southampton he put that on the players. For example he often took them to where he could have them running uphill on sand. Extreme it may have been, but so were the added-time performances.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Don_ORiordan View Post
    Subs aside it is disappointing that we aren’t more productive later in games. Our whole possession strategy is intended to wear the opposition out and take advantage later in games.
    The_Don_ORiordan - You make a great point here. If our high possession stats are simply due to the defenders passing amongst themselves, while the opposition have a rest, then it's not achieving much. (except gifting the occasional goal when Notts cock it up).
    Accepting as a fact that our bench has been depleted by injuries, I did wonder about fitness, or question to myself, the physicality of the players and their natural fitness.
    Maybe the new signing Jaffa will add the zest to the bench that's been missing.

Quote Originally Posted by ThaiPie View Post
    The_Don_ORiordan - You make a great point here. If our high possession stats are simply due to the defenders passing amongst themselves, while the opposition have a rest, then it's not achieving much. (except gifting the occasional goal when Notts cock it up).
    Accepting as a fact that our bench has been depleted by injuries, I did wonder about fitness, or question to myself, the physicality of the players and their natural fitness.
    Maybe the new signing Jaffa will add the zest to the bench that's been missing.
    Last season I think the opposition wasted more time chasing the ball and wore themselves out. This season the clever and fitter players simply wait for the inevitable mistake, pinch the ball and score having had a nice breather in the meantime.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12