+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: England shirt garbage

Cant imagine the approar was from any Notts Forest fans, I mean they have a butt plug as their emblem so must be fairly relaxed

The allegedly ‘iconic’ Union Jack Mini (Cooper?) tail lights always appear red and black to me…except when the indicator is flashing in which case they appear red, amber and black which are - whisper it quietly - very nearly the colours of….Germany!
    Who gives a stuff? It’s designer license…all any grown up or politician should be concerned with is the ridiculous and offensive price tag.

I should imagine the average politician could afford one at 125, so wouldn't be too concerned. If not they'll probably bury the cost in expenses

Quote Originally Posted by SithHappens View Post
    Cant imagine the approar was from any Notts Forest fans, I mean they have a butt plug as their emblem so must be fairly relaxed
    Having no experiance of butt plugs, I bow to your better knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    2006 Home Kit red but a misshaped stretched "cross" on right shoulder. 2010-11 shoulders and upper back unlaid with multi coloured St Georges crosses 2010 -2012 Goalkeeper away shirt, covered in crosses in various shades of green.

There are earlier kits with representations of the St Georges Cross on which have no relation to the Cross on the flag, even if they use red and white.

Nobody was triggered by the British Olympic flag used on signs and posters which was blue and white and had bits missing.

I just knew Thicky would be triggered by this so ****ing funny.
    Ok Mr know all.
    If I am triggered, how would an Irish/Scot/Welsh reacted? Seeing as they all have no embarrassment about being patrioctic. Something you definitely lack.
    How about Fance/Germany/USA? Would they have taken it up the ass so easily as you?

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    How about Fance/Germany/USA? Would they have taken it up the ass so easily as you?
    I’m sure there’s a USA Stars and Stripes ‘Pride’ flag, think it’s for sale on Amazon…probably a Union Jack equivalent too. Guess the more reactionary amongst us won’t like it but I don’t recall any huge outrage.

Oh…just looked…there’s an Irish, Scottish and Welsh version too. They’re very colourful…and the German Bundestag hoisted their own half and half version a couple of years ago.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 23-03-2024 at 03:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    There was actually a big fuss (even within some sports orgs such as British athletics) about the blue and white Olympic flag so you’re wrong on that one

There was also a hoo haa about the grey England kit the football team lost to Germany in

However in both cases who knows who started the ‘outrage’? On this occasion for once I think we’d agree on the suspects
    Have to admit I can't recall there being that much fuss over the Olympics, the grey shirt I remember, but wasn't that more about the colour which was supposed to be a shade of blue?

Is it conditioning by the media, Or is it the media responding to how many people react? I mean there is much tut tutting about the media coverage of a certain Kate's illness, probably by the very people who avidly consume every bit of gossip about the Royals and have no doubt been doing so on line? If there was no market, no commercial reason for this the media wouldn't cover it. I accept of course that doesn't apply to the BBC who were dissecting the Royal story in great detail, but then I guess they chase ratings figures to appear relevant.

In reality I suspect the majority of football fans and certainly the public couldn't give a stuff about this shirt, its irrelevant to their and my life in general.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    I’m sure there’s a USA Stars and Stripes ‘Pride’ flag, think it’s for sale on Amazon…probably a Union Jack equivalent too. Guess the more reactionary amongst us won’t like it but I don’t recall any huge outrage.

Oh…just looked…there’s an Irish, Scottish and Welsh version too. They’re very colourful…and the German Bundestag hoisted their own half and half version a couple of years ago.
    On their football shirts? Come on, be honest
    Try asking the players as well as the fans.
    https://talksport.com/football/17993...t-flag-change/
    Last edited by Trickytreesreds; 23-03-2024 at 08:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    On their football shirts? Come on, be honest
    Try asking the players as well as the fans.
    https://talksport.com/football/17993...t-flag-change/
    Personally I couldn’t care less what David Seaman thinks and I’d have been a lot more concerned about a couple of the clown like kits he’s pictured wearing.
    In any case your OP was about flags. ‘How many other flags have been defaced like this? Try doing it with the jocks or the Irish/Welsh flags and see what happens…how about France/Germany/USA…?’ is what you wrote…which I think has been answered.
    Just not worth getting worked up about…although the price, a total rip off for hard pressed parents, certainly is.

As long as idiots keep buying them, the price will stay maximized. When Nike see all their stock remaindered in charity shops, then they will reconsider the price. They probably make them in China for a quid....

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)