+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Wimbledon

Wimbledon

Two late goals rescued us down at Plough Lane, to salvage a point ...

Going for a 15-0 win, Nev to score the only goal of the game

Crowd 4567

15-0 being the tennis match before kick off?

1-1 for me. Clearly, I'm fearful for the run-in. Whatever, let's hope that Billington gets his place back. Also, if the Wombles play along the ground and through the middle, we play 3 in midfield. No wasters, please!

Quote Originally Posted by ShropshireAlex View Post
    15-0 being the tennis match before kick off?
    Not quite

1-0 win (aka 15 love)

I'm going for a 2-2 this afternoon. I seem to repeat a fair amount of what Gazan says but I agree. I said the same last Saturday get Billo back into the team and I would definitely give Leigh a start.

What has Billington done? Cooney being brought on.

So, more points dropped. This end of the season is going a little the way many people thought the whole season was going to go. Fortunately, first two thirds of season were much better than expected.
    Today, Charlie had a much better game, mainly because someone must have told him that Rio was also playing nearby. However, I still can't stand to see players pull out of tackles they are favourites to win.
    Cooney also had a decent game but I don't understand what Bell has got against Billington.
    Thought Leigh was MOTM.
    Tracey was more involved but still infuriates with his final touch. Nevitt never had a look-in - what does that say about his supply lines?
    Thought the Alex looked the part for 30 minutes after we equalised but often the final ball broke down.
    Definitely need Long playing as well as Nevitt. So need to be playing 3-5-2 including the three midfielders who started today.

Just about what I expected I'm afraid, we can't get back into a rhythm at all and certainly the pitch is playing a part again in hampering our type of game. Also a worry that 8th place is now only 5 pts. behind us. Unless my mind is playing tricks didn't Billington take a large part in our success in the New Year, very strange? All negative from me tonight.

I make it 6 points and better goal difference. Plus teams in 8th and 9th only have 6 games to make that up against our seven. Also, I have no fears about the play-offs. Even with our stuttering form at the moment we shouldn't be in danger. 2 wins out of our last 7 should see us safe, which is not to say that's all I expect. Okay, we get to play the bottom side again at our next home game but if Long is playing (and possibly not Charlie), then I have more expectation of a decent result.
    Having said all that, I'm still looking upward as well as down. All it takes is a couple of consecutive good games to get things going again. I think the 4 weeks recovery for CBR was probably worst case. Holicek will soon be available and maybe Tabs, though his "unrelated injury" wasn't elaborated on. There are going to be some 'battles' in these last seven games. It's up to Bell to not pick those who are not up for a battle.
    We can't lay too much blame on the pitch as, though it's cutting up badly again, is not as bad as last year and besides, didn't we start a positive run this time last year?