+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cobblers v Rams

It was not exactly a performance that fills one with confidence! I anticipated we'd struggle and I think its going to be a nerve wracking end to the season. Its the Derby way!!

The ‘Derby Way’ indeed…hugely disappointing and a massive opportunity missed. Pressure back on.

Cobblers v the Cobblers.
    So it's League one next season! 🤕😶

Quote Originally Posted by macstheman View Post
    Cobblers v the Cobblers.
    So it's League one next season! ����
    Waking up to the growing catalogue of injuries and the ridiculous suspension of the hapless Bradley - what a signing he’s been - it’s suddenly not looking good is it? Darkest before the dawn…or after being lucky against Reading and fortunate against Bolton have we just been found out? Let’s hope next Friday lives up to it’s name.

After the elation of last week to that dismal performance, Bradley stupidly getting sent off just topped it off. Fozzy out for the season too. Felt so deflated.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Waking up to the growing catalogue of injuries and the ridiculous suspension of the hapless Bradley - what a signing he’s been - it’s suddenly not looking good is it? Darkest before the dawn…or after being lucky against Reading and fortunate against Bolton have we just been found out? Let’s hope next Friday lives up to it’s name.
    I think its a little early for the wrist slashing to begin! Reading the match report, it seems Derby were a tad unlucky not get at least a draw, basically a tale of missed chances, hit the woodwork twice a shot cleared off the line and at least a couple of gilt edge chances missed. We have bemoaned the lack of a quality striker all season, but still have one of the highest goal differences.

Bradley's dismissal might be a blessing in disguise, it will force Warne to abandon playing 3 at the back, which despite the success that has been had with this formation IMO isn't Derby's most effective.

I don't think Derby are second on luck! But as we saw with The owls last season, inconsistency is common in teams that have been built on a low budget, though even Ipswich who spent £2 million plus last season, didn't exactly cement their promotion place until late on.

The injury list has been awful and not just because players with injury issues have been recruited, many of last seasons players are suffering.

One bright spark is CBT, who seems to be gaining fitness, Derby need him to step up now.

I remain optimistic but as I've said before it won't be straight forward but thats the Derby way.

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    I think its a little early for the wrist slashing to begin! Reading the match report, it seems Derby were a tad unlucky not get at least a draw, basically a tale of missed chances, hit the woodwork twice a shot cleared off the line and at least a couple of gilt edge chances missed. We have bemoaned the lack of a quality striker all season, but still have one of the highest goal differences.

Bradley's dismissal might be a blessing in disguise, it will force Warne to abandon playing 3 at the back, which despite the success that has been had with this formation IMO isn't Derby's most effective.

I don't think Derby are second on luck! But as we saw with The owls last season, inconsistency is common in teams that have been built on a low budget, though even Ipswich who spent £2 million plus last season, didn't exactly cement their promotion place until late on.

The injury list has been awful and not just because players with injury issues have been recruited, many of last seasons players are suffering.

One bright spark is CBT, who seems to be gaining fitness, Derby need him to step up now.

I remain optimistic but as I've said before it won't be straight forward but thats the Derby way.
    Lol…no ‘wrist slashing’…just disappointment and the slight feeling of deja vu.

Agree about Bradley but the loss of Fozzy, who would normally do a much better job than Bradley and is infinitely more versatile, is a huge blow.

It’s seemed recently as if things were moving in our favour but we haven’t actually performed very well and fortune seems to be proving fickle again.

Friday will be massive…almost as big as the Bolton match…whether this squad can handle the pressure remains to be seen and yes, we certainly need CBT to step up now.

We're Derby. It was never going to be straightforward, was it? We've shot ourselves in the foot. Time to get together and pull together and overcome adversity.

The game itself? Small pitch, little room and they seemed to cope better. Despite our 62% they seemed to play better than we did, yet we had 4 more shots than them and 1 more on target.

Had the ref given the free kick he should have, they wouldn't have got their goal. They did hit the post later. That was it for good chances for them. Waggy should have hit the target rather than blaze over, pity the Adams effort was blocked on the line and he didn't get his header right and it bounced over the bar.

They are claiming a penalty for hands by Wilson. The ball did hit the hand, however, the hand was in a natural position and I don't think VAR would have given it if VAR was in use.

Not a good day at the office for us and we'll have to be better on Friday against the Tangerines or we'll drop outside the top 2.
    Last edited by MadAmster; 24-03-2024 at 11:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post

Agree there’s no need to panic but the performance was much worse than the pure stats re shots etc reveal. If we’d played well and lost fair enough but god we were awful

The one bright point is hopefully Bradley is out for 3, I don’t rate him at all and his poor touch almost cost us in a first-match style again yesterday. Nelson and Cashin is plenty of centre halves on the pitch thank you

CBT only reached mediocre yesterday but there again that was par for the course

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    Agree there’s no need to panic but the performance was much worse than the pure stats re shots etc reveal. If we’d played well and lost fair enough but god we were awful

The one bright point is hopefully Bradley is out for 3, I don’t rate him at all and his poor touch almost cost us in a first-match style again yesterday. Nelson and Cashin is plenty of centre halves on the pitch thank you

CBT only reached mediocre yesterday but there again that was par for the course
    To be fair AF you have described most performances as below par, you've seen more games than I have first hand, I've seen 7 and wouldn't describe any of the football as scintillating, but its about what I expect at this level and with the players we have, which though better than most in L1 are still lets not forget a bunch of free transfers.

RA is just one defeat away from slashing his wrists and continues to harbour doubts about both Warne's coaching, tactics and player recruitment. Yet Derby remain for now in 2nd place and the league table doesn't lie.

I read online that Rotherham fans were saying they wouldn't want Warne back, yet they are seem destined for L1 without him. For me its horses for courses and at this level Warne fits the bill.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)