+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Team for today…

Team for today…

Given the confidence that Tuesday night brought during the event, it will be interesting to see what SM decides to do team wise today.

The only change I would consider is whether Bostock returns in place of Austin. I love Austin and love what he brings to the side but Salford generally pack the midfield and I wonder if Bostock gives us a more rounded CM option?

I’d personally like to see Bostock deployed in more of an 8 role, rather than the QB. I thought Robertson played that expertly on Tuesday. I think forcing Bostock to receive the ball a little higher up the pitch may encourage him to play forward with a bit more regularity. He’s got immense quality and that may give us an extra dimension rather than two ball carrying 8’s in Austin and Crowley.

I do understand the ‘if it ain’t broke don’t fix it’ adage, but like to be pragmatic too

Thoughts?

Assuming Jaffa will not be dropped given his contributions on Tuesday, then the only reason to change anything would be tiredness. I predict unchanged, and subs used to rotate players later on.

Quote Originally Posted by LeftPeg_Pie View Post
    Given the confidence that Tuesday night brought during the event, it will be interesting to see what SM decides to do team wise today.

The only change I would consider is whether Bostock returns in place of Austin. I love Austin and love what he brings to the side but Salford generally pack the midfield and I wonder if Bostock gives us a more rounded CM option?

I’d personally like to see Bostock deployed in more of an 8 role, rather than the QB. I thought Robertson played that expertly on Tuesday. I think forcing Bostock to receive the ball a little higher up the pitch may encourage him to play forward with a bit more regularity. He’s got immense quality and that may give us an extra dimension rather than two ball carrying 8’s in Austin and Crowley.

I do understand the ‘if it ain’t broke don’t fix it’ adage, but like to be pragmatic too

Thoughts?
    I think a 0-3 away win merits an unchanged team.
    The shape used in that game is perfect for a must-win home game (to keep even a remote play-off chance)

Personally, I don't think JB is nimble enough to play further forward - he's a holding midfielder, deep-lying central midfielder and that's it.

Austin deserves to start over JB.

I’d start with the same team.
    Bostock to come on and exploit the gaps later in the game.

Bostock can't play further forward in L2. He is too one-foot and would be caught in possession 50% of the time (I also think our game slows down noticeably when he is playing).

Quote Originally Posted by ThaiPie View Post
    Assuming Jaffa will not be dropped given his contributions on Tuesday, then the only reason to change anything would be tiredness. I predict unchanged, and subs used to rotate players later on.
    Who is Jaffa? Am I missing something?