+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast

Thread: Raith

Quote Originally Posted by Whitfieldarab View Post
    Wotherspoon in with a chance too.

I get we've been 5hite to mediocre for a good few months but Raith's form isnae the best either.

2-0 to us......mon tae fk Utd give us a fkn show for a change put a smile on oor pusses🫣
    So much negativity on here......have a bit of faith aye😂.....telt yiz the scoreline, did anyone put a tenner on it🤔🫣

It was the back 2, the front 2 & the man in the middle who did it for me.
    A word of caution tho...we can't afford to be so wasteful with free kicks & corners. I'd say only half of them were productive. Maybe need to look for a better taker.

Long time lurker here!

Great to see us just going for it instead of the tippy tappy crap that we have been watching recently.

Weirdly, Holt and Gallacher getting injured might end up being the best thing that could have happened for the run in.

Quote Originally Posted by BackOvTheShed View Post
    Long time lurker here!

Great to see us just going for it instead of the tippy tappy crap that we have been watching recently.

Weirdly, Holt and Gallacher getting injured might end up being the best thing that could have happened for the run in.
    I wouldn't write off Gallaghere & Holt tho Lurker.

Over the piece they've done a more than decent job, best in the league according to the Boss & I wouldn't argue.

And I wouldn't blame them for the tippy tappy sh!te, they were under instruction.

From now our players are on show. Playing to stay on and hopefully play in the Premier league, or advertise themselves to other teams. Shop window and help us get over the line.

For sure the instructions were changed yesterday. I think that was because the back two were less experienced.

If holt and Gallacher had played yesterday the instructions would have been tippy tappy on the evidence of the season so far.

So inadvertently we got exactly what was needed because of the injuries.

I would be quite happy to see that for the rest of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by ARAbCHNID View Post
    It was the back 2, the front 2 & the man in the middle who did it for me.
    A word of caution tho...we can't afford to be so wasteful with free kicks & corners. I'd say only half of them were productive. Maybe need to look for a better taker.
    Add to that throw ins, lose count of amount of times this season we give up possession from our throws in final third because the front players don't show any movement. Miller Thomson has good delivery but had an off day yesterday with his delivery.

First of all, yesterday was all about winning, and getting the three points, and we achieved that. So well done the players and the manager.
    It was a hard game, no question, but we fought for every ball against a very physical team, and we matched them and won.
    Special recognition must go to Ross Graham and Sam McClelland; Raith clearly tried to bully them, pressurise them, but both stood firm and won their battles.
    It was a good performance from United compared to some of the rubbish we have had recently, so let's move on to Queens Park next week and another three points in the bag.

What was the story with the Raith support - could they not sell all their tickets or something?

Quote Originally Posted by BackOvTheShed View Post
    For sure the instructions were changed yesterday. I think that was because the back two were less experienced.

If holt and Gallacher had played yesterday the instructions would have been tippy tappy on the evidence of the season so far.

So inadvertently we got exactly what was needed because of the injuries.

I would be quite happy to see that for the rest of the season.
    You are right.

The first goal was a ball straight up to moults head. It doesn’t work all the time but we should be prepared for playing more direct

The second goal pen was well worked

It’s fine keeping possession but need to be a bit forceful and dangerous with it

Also did well with the pressing and hungry for the ball yesterday

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)