+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Raith

I see the Jerry Kerr’s been opened up. I hate using the phrase ‘The fans deserve better’ as that’s erse cheeks level of entitlement. What I would say is that over the past couple of years, the team certainly do not deserve the level of support they’ve been receiving. The support has been the only constant through this debacle.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
    I see the Jerry Kerr’s been opened up. I hate using the phrase ‘The fans deserve better’ as that’s erse cheeks level of entitlement. What I would say is that over the past couple of years, the team certainly do not deserve the level of support they’ve been receiving. The support has been the only constant through this debacle.
    There really is a wide spectrum of support these days. The really auld (sorry) that were there before much success, and are still hingin' in there. The lucky auld, that witnessed the real glory years. The now, middle aged anes, that have enjoyed some success. The Young Team that follow in numbers. And also the really young laddies and lassies, and even bairnz. All this adds up to a pretty good support, home and away.

You are correct tho James, the last few teams have been very lucky to have them/us!

Mon then lads........... it's payback time.... starting Saturday 3:00pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Kdyteejay2 View Post
    Morton’s main striker has been injured the last few weeks. Can’t recall his name off the top of my head. Agree with weegiearab assessment though.
    Oakley....hat trick at the Sticklebrick this year

Happy to help💙💙💙

Quote Originally Posted by Stoke_Arab View Post
    The negativity is understandable and the lack of expectation too.
    But football has a habit of surprising, can our lads surprise us with a result few of us are expecting.
    Raith will definitely be encouraged by our poor form, Murray will tell them to keep it tight and hope our fans turn on the team. They'll be confident and they'll try to niggle us.
    Looks like we'll be missing Holt, Wotherspoon and maybe also McMann. Louis seems to be playing through a slight injury concern too.
    Somehow Goodwin needs to get a siege mentality going but I've seen no evidence that he's capable of it. Maybe the players can do it for themselves.
    If we can somehow win this the advantage is back with us.
    No issues with your lineup Chick. But if we start Thomson at RB he has to defend and not rush ahead leaving big spaces in behind. Goodwin obviously prefers Mochrie to Meekison, from what little I've seen of Meekison he looks more capable of opening up defences. If we finally start to convert simple chances who knows...
    C'mon United 🧡
    Seems like football in relation to the team i love is just going along and kicking me square in the plums as every day passes! Looks like Gallagher and Holt are both out and McMann is either in or out!

Quote Originally Posted by Yeats 62 View Post
    There really is a wide spectrum of support these days. The really auld (sorry) that were there before much success, and are still hingin' in there. The lucky auld, that witnessed the real glory years. The now, middle aged anes, that have enjoyed some success. The Young Team that follow in numbers. And also the really young laddies and lassies, and even bairnz. All this adds up to a pretty good support, home and away.

You are correct tho James, the last few teams have been very lucky to have them/us!

Mon then lads........... it's payback time.... starting Saturday 3:00pm.
    I fall into the lucky auld category. It's hard to take that we are approaching a game with Raith Rovers with more hope than expectation. An indication of how far our club has fallen. Time for the players to dig deep and give the fans something to believe in.

Quote Originally Posted by DUFCstokie View Post
    I fall into the lucky auld category. It's hard to take that we are approaching a game with Raith Rovers with more hope than expectation. An indication of how far our club has fallen. Time for the players to dig deep and give the fans something to believe in.
    Yeah I'm auld too, very lucky to have seen our rise through the sixties and beyond.
    I think the dismal pathetic 0-0 at Hampden against QP, on national TV, was that point for me where I really felt the reality.
    But, but, it's still in our hands, the players really need to step up here, let's see if it's in them.

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    Seems like football in relation to the team i love is just going along and kicking me square in the plums as every day passes! Looks like Gallagher and Holt are both out and McMann is either in or out!
    Daily Record reckon McMann is fit but starting for the Sheep....

"Aberdeen welcome back Scott McMann as they wait on the results of Kevin Holt’s knee scan"

🙈

Wotherspoon in with a chance too.

I get we've been 5hite to mediocre for a good few months but Raith's form isnae the best either.

2-0 to us......mon tae fk Utd give us a fkn show for a change put a smile on oor pusses🫣

Good point. They've been equally sh!te. We've done our best to let them overtake us in the table but they just have not been up to it.
    And because of that there I think it will stay.

Raith have been 10/3 all week with William Hill, I expected that to shorten considerably but there's been no Fife shilling at all. Surprising.

This game has DRAW written all over it. Maybe goalless.

Quote Originally Posted by Stoke_Arab View Post
    Yeah I'm auld too, very lucky to have seen our rise through the sixties and beyond.
    I think the dismal pathetic 0-0 at Hampden against QP, on national TV, was that point for me where I really felt the reality.
    But, but, it's still in our hands, the players really need to step up here, let's see if it's in them.
    Same with me.
    Hard to believe that we once had a team capable of winning the European Cup.
    Might have lost to Liverpool but on a good day could have beaten them.
    Days we thought would never end.

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)