+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Salford Ratings

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    He did the same after the Newport Game, and guess what ? We lost
    Forgot about that, good point

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    Maynard - 2 - we have a seemingly decent game against Bradford and he changes the team again, granted Nemane was unavoidable but why the change in formation? Players look devoid of inspiration, fans have lost any connection to the team under him, time to go
    Yes I have to say, yesterday was the deciding factor in terms of making up my mind about Stuart Maynard.

Redeploying Jodi Jones to start on the right after he set up two fantastic goals from the left and looked unstoppable against Bradford reeks to me of a manager/coach who is so bogged down in tactical mumbo-jumbo and studying opponents that he can't see the obvious, and that inability to see the wood for the trees is the hallmark of a manager going nowhere.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    reeks to me of a manager/coach who is so bogged down in tactical mumbo-jumbo and studying opponents that he can't see the obvious, and that inability to see the wood for the trees is the hallmark of a manager going nowhere.
    Very well put.
    JJ did well in flashes but had a poorish game overall. He probably doesn't know where's he's playing, who he's combining with, game to game.

Yesterday wasn't a game for focussing on or worrying about the opposition. It was a last ditch attempt to keep our season alive, but off the back of a invigorating away win. In short we had to 'go for it'. Jodi on the right and Chicks to attack the left wasn't that.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    Yes I have to say, yesterday was the deciding factor in terms of making up my mind about Stuart Maynard.

Redeploying Jodi Jones to start on the right after he set up two fantastic goals from the left and looked unstoppable against Bradford reeks to me of a manager/coach who is so bogged down in tactical mumbo-jumbo and studying opponents that he can't see the obvious, and that inability to see the wood for the trees is the hallmark of a manager going nowhere.
    Similar here. I was only saying to Mrs Mouf that when you have the better resources it should be a case of, "ask not what they can do to us; what can we do to them?"

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123