+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Straw poll: Maynard in or out?

Doesn’t he have a 3 and half year contract?. Huge amount of compensation if you sack him

Quote Originally Posted by Wrexham fan View Post
    Doesn’t he have a 3 and half year contract?. Huge amount of compensation if you sack him
    Its not going to be much compo if contract has cerrain targets in that arent met.

Previous owners have also stated a few times on here how it works.

Quote Originally Posted by legs77 View Post
    Its not going to be much compo if contract has cerrain targets in that arent met.

Previous owners have also stated a few times on here how it works.
    Sometimes you have to see a situation for what it is. SM has failed big style and it was an accident waiting to happen. The is no point faffing around until the end of the season when our best players are disillusioned and won’t know who’s gonna be in charge next year, and the mood around the place means season ticket sales tank. The owners will lose more from that than losing SM.

No point doing anything now other than a caretaker. My left field suggestion is Warnock in as temp - he’ll assess and let owners know what they need to do and most of all the squad will respect him, he’ll put a smile on faces and galvanise before it’s too late. The owners then need to get real in the summer and sign up a defence and a CREDIBLE coach!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post
    Surely any sample that includes a record-breaking run of 5 home defeats is a big enough sample? Anyway, the samples should have been taken before he joined, not after. Two samples in the public domain were his 30% win rate and a 6-1 home defeat to Notts. I seem to remember LW praising Wealdstone afterwards but those are usually hollow words when they come from the winning manager.

Can we have the updated like-for-like points comparison, btw. I know LW's side won away at Salford so there's 3 points difference for starters.

Out, btw.
    With the comparisons if SM was to follow close to LW as was the case when I posted after we played the top seven we would be on a four game winning run. This is where for me we are now starting to see the picture from a results basis between the two managers and it’s a regression. The five defeats in a row at home being a new joint record is naturally a cause for concern.

Now we have 1/4 of a season sample we can see that LW achieved double the amount of points compared to SN plus we scored more goals. We have turned wins against Crawley and Salford under LW to defeats under SM and also turned a win against Accrington under LW into a draw.

So the picture is emerging of one where we are worse off in terms of results in comparison and there has not yet been a game where SM has bettered LW in terms of getting a draw or a win when LW had a defeat or a draw.

LW = P12, W5, D1, L6, GF23, GA21, GD+2, Pts 16
    Barrow 1-1 (Draw) 1 point
    Mansfield 1-4 (Lost) 0 points
    Gillingham 2-1 (Lost) 3 points
    Newport 3-0 (Won) 3 points
    Wrexham 0-2 (Lost) 0 points
    Crewe 1-0 (Lost) 0 points
    Sutton 1-5 (Lost) 0 points
    Wimbledon 2-4 (Lost) 0 points
    Crawley 3-1 (Won) 3 points
    Accrington 3-1 (Won) 3 points
    Bradford 4-2 (Won) 3 points
    Salford 2-0 (Won) 3 points

SM = P12, W2, D2, L8, GF16, GA22, GD-8, Pts 8
    Barrow 1-1 (Draw) 1 point
    Mansfield 0-1 (Lost) 0 points
    Gillingham 1-3 (Lost) 0 points
    Newport 3-1 (Won) 3 points
    Wrexham 0-1 (Lost) 0 points
    Crewe 1-3 (Lost) 0 points
    Sutton 3-4 (Lost) 0 points
    Wimbledon 0-2 (Lost) 0 points
    Crawley 1-2 (Lost) 0 points
    Accrington 2-2 (Draw) 1 point
    Bradford 3-0 (Won) 3 points
    Salford 1-2 (Lost) 0 points

Quote Originally Posted by OldMagpie60 View Post
    Sometimes you have to see a situation for what it is. SM has failed big style and it was an accident waiting to happen. The is no point faffing around until the end of the season when our best players are disillusioned and won’t know who’s gonna be in charge next year, and the mood around the place means season ticket sales tank. The owners will lose more from that than losing SM.

No point doing anything now other than a caretaker. My left field suggestion is Warnock in as temp - he’ll assess and let owners know what they need to do and most of all the squad will respect him, he’ll put a smile on faces and galvanise before it’s too late. The owners then need to get real in the summer and sign up a defence and a CREDIBLE coach!!
    Warnock ??? Whats the point he would cost a fortune and nothing in it for him.

Maynard will be here until game 44/45 at least im thinking its best to not use the merry go round system.

I doubt results improve too much myself and if he carries on how he has that then ends any doubts.

Fans always say they wont renew etc but when the dust settles most pros get another one.

Quote Originally Posted by legs77 View Post
    Warnock ??? Whats the point he would cost a fortune and nothing in it for him.

Maynard will be here until game 44/45 at least im thinking its best to not use the merry go round system.

I doubt results improve too much myself and if he carries on how he has that then ends any doubts.

Fans always say they wont renew etc but when the dust settles most pros get another one.
    I agree, why oh why do people constantly bring Warnock into the issue? He is the last person the Bros would contact. Why not ask Big Sam back? (just kidding).

He has bought Fullerton ball to our sacred turf !! I rest my case mi lord !

Why Is he still here ? We have more chance of winning the lottery than the BT man miraculously turning our fortunes around.. We have become the laughing stock of the league once again...

If he has got a performance clause (or there is enough pressure on the Bros = £) it will be one of those "left by mutual arrangement" things. Saves the face of all parties.

Quote Originally Posted by OldMagpie60 View Post

Warnock would be a manager in charge selecting / assessing a squad of players for the type of football we dont play. If they want a smile on their face play a few family guy videos for them before they go training.im sure that would be a cheaper gig!.However I suppose we could get him in for a week assisting SM with some training and man management skills?

Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast