+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Straw poll: Maynard in or out?

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    I'm still unsure.
    'Still' Swale? Last time I saw you were a clear 'out'. Is he winning you over?

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    Indeed. In Bros we trust. Etc .

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    The trouble is "Notts are playing the same way under SM as they were under LW. The only real differences are player moral/respect and some teams have sussed us out." from what I've seen we are not playing the same at all !! playing across the back four maybe , but with no or little purpose as the wing backs don't get as far forward now !
    Sorry we're not playing the same way at all, then go on to say how we are playing the same way........do you fall out with your shadow too?

Quote Originally Posted by Lullapie View Post
    Sorry we're not playing the same way at all, then go on to say how we are playing the same way........do you fall out with your shadow too?
    seeing as you could well be a buffoon i will spell it out , the wing backs are not attacking as they used to . We used to pass the ball with intent and attack. Now we just pass the ball for the sake of it and then hoof it up. The wing backs hold back and don't push as far forward or over lap as much. Not the same , completely different. it couldn't be more different if you tried.
    i think the stats will back this up as we create naff all where as before we would create chances for fun.
    I hope this helps xxxxx
    Last edited by PedroTheFisherman66; 25-03-2024 at 04:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfists View Post
    It was the wrong appointment in the first place. Wasn't he assistant at Wealdstone then promoted to head coach after the manager went to Barrow? They're doing really well under that manager and obviously did well at Wealdstone so SM had to maintain the style with players who believed in it anyway. He'd never done something on his own or from a relatively fresh start. You could say LW carried on from IB but he also installed the hard edge and pace of play we all knew I was lacking. He was also a leader who took no crap.

I feel really bad for SM but this wasn't the right job for his first in league football due to expectation and the state of the defence.
    Pete Wild was at Halifax before Barrow and before that with Oldham I rate him highly

I think it was Dean Brennan who was incharge at Wealdstone and he left for Barnet with Maynard taking over

It's out for me

No, don't agree at all. The squad is a lot better than the 33pt 46-game relegation pace SM has put us on.
    If we take an axe to the squad but leave the Head Coach in place then we'd be well-advised to check out our relegation odds for next season
    We might not need to axe the squad but we do need to do some serious pruning and then plant a few new trees
    As it is highly unlikely that Macca and Jodi will be here next season we might be well advised to keep an eye on the relegation odds anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by pjace View Post

I think it was Dean Brennan who was incharge at Wealdstone and he left for Barnet with Maynard taking over
    It was and his record at Wealdstone was over 50% wins where as Maynards was 30%. I fear the brothers may have taken Brennans record as Maynards

I think my previously clear 'out' was down to immediate-post-match emotion.

Quote Originally Posted by OP67 View Post
    It was and his record at Wealdstone was over 50% wins where as Maynards was 30%. I fear the brothers may have taken Brennans record as Maynards
    Exactly, I cannot fathom what they thought Maynard would bring to the table.

I would say so unless there's drastic improvement towards the end of the season. We need to sign better defenders for anyone to have a chance next season though.

Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast