+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Straw poll: Maynard in or out?

I guess none of us know whether JOB would be interested in taking on a temporary coaching role. He looked exhausted last time round.

One problem with appointing an inexperienced coach is that they have to work that bit harder to make the players believe in them, to sell their ideas and methods. That must be even tougher when so many of ours players have played at a higher level. Sadly SM, whilst he might be a thoroughly decent bloke, doesn't seem to have the charisma of a leader. That, combined with the lack of experience will make it really tough for him to turn this round.

As for the in/out question, it's a disappointed out from me. The availability of a suitable replacement should dictate the timescale of his departure.

JOB is needed on the field, don’t dilute it any more than it is already. Pointless getting rid know, the next seven games will be sufficient to see how good this manager is in turning it around in fact it wouldn’t surprise me if he hasn’t been told that.

Quote Originally Posted by cher1 View Post
    I guess none of us know whether JOB would be interested in taking on a temporary coaching role. He looked exhausted last time round.

One problem with appointing an inexperienced coach is that they have to work that bit harder to make the players believe in them, to sell their ideas and methods. That must be even tougher when so many of ours players have played at a higher level. Sadly SM, whilst he might be a thoroughly decent bloke, doesn't seem to have the charisma of a leader. That, combined with the lack of experience will make it really tough for him to turn this round.

As for the in/out question, it's a disappointed out from me. The availability of a suitable replacement should dictate the timescale of his departure.

I could not have put it any better.

Out !
    Either now or the end of the season, but OUT.He plays with the philosophy not to lose instead of playing to win.i think hes bought his part timer job expectations with him and wont shake this approach. We are to big for him.

As for the in/out question, it's a disappointed out from me.
    Same for me, a bit reluctant this early but it has to be out. I think Maynard has been handicapped by having a flimsy defence, but I just can't see him turning things around. Not sure when is the right time to pull the trigger given that we're not going up or down, big decision for the owners.

The longer that I see Maynard in the role, the further the team is from the ideals and principles that Williams had embedded. Strangely, I do think if you’d had given JOB the role until the end of the season and ensured a decent staff supporting him, i.e. someone actually like Maynard as assistant, then you allow both a continuation and an evolution in terms of play.

The only way to get through the loss of someone like Williams is a continuation through a disciple. Not saying JOB is, but he’d have continued the selections and morale for at least a little while longer.

Lastly, I think now the team have checked out, so it matters not to the owners where we finish as the playoffs are unachievable and we are virtually safe from relegation. My assumption is they’ll continue as they evaluate the market for another and hope to see him kick on. The big issue with this is that Jones, Macca and Didzy will all be growing dismayed as it looks bad on them as players and will be looking to leave.

Out at the end of the season - but the problems are much bigger than just the head coach.

Out, along with Monatgue and the vast majority of the playing squad.

Out. No question.Along with Cameron.

Brisbane says out unfortunately.

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast