Quote Originally Posted by BenFostersGloves View Post
Steve Evans - dear me. I wouldn't want him anywhere near Wrexham. Remember when he was Boston manager when they were in L2? He was up to his neck in all sorts of dodgy dealings allegedly.

You might have to abandon this style of play thing to get results and get to League One. I don't see how you can do it in this league without spending a fortune first and foremost to get the players capable and even then the teams you play just won't let you do it like they did in the NL. Plus the pitches turn into cow pastures from October to March/April making it even more difficult.

I don't see why you couldn't get the Crewe manager, he's done well and they're always telling anyone and everyone who'll listen about how low their budget is.

I'm not convinced Maynard is in danger of getting sacked anytime soon though. Might be completely wrong but I just don't think its on the cards until at least Christmas. Your owners will want to give him a fair chance despite what's happened this season.
100% - it's a shame it takes someone not connected to following Notts to talk sense.

Well said BFG.