+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Southgate Out

Southgate Out

This guy needs to go! Best players England will ever have and he’s won f uck all and tactically clueless.

Another defeat tonight!!

Man U need to stay away as he won f uck all in the Premier too and the football is boring!

The most inexperienced Brazil side in history tonight I believe.

In my lifetime we’ve only had one good manager since Sir Alf and that was Venables.

The rest of them have been poor.

People wax lyrical about Sven nowadays but his football was worse than Southgate’s, boring and predictable.

I’ll be one of the few but I didn’t rate Bobby Robson, we were awful in the 86 WC until he was press ganged into playing Beardsley and even though we got to the quarters we were poor and then outclassed by the Argies.

In Italia 90 we were terrible in the group games, stumbled past Cameron via two penalties and then gave an okay showing in the semi before losing.

Only Venables let us play with freedom and expression.

Ollie Watkins is a very decent club centre forward but a replacement for Kane…..give me a break!

I have a feeling that going into the Euros as favourites will see us fall flat on our a r s e s.

We need a Guardiola type who isn’t scared of his own shadow and who’ll call players out and make bold decision.

Southgate is perfect for United, he’ll see that they remain sh it for at least another couple of years whilst we continue pointing at them and laughing.

Joe Mercer only got 7 games but the football was great with the likes of Worthington ,Stan Bowles and Currie .
    Was it dodgy Revie that followed him.

Quote Originally Posted by soulman101 View Post
    Joe Mercer only got 7 games but the football was great with the likes of Worthington ,Stan Bowles and Currie .
    Was it dodgy Revie that followed him.
    Yes, you’re right there Lloyd.

Even with Revie and Ron Greenwood we were so stodgy and boring.

I want someone to come in whose reputation is to attack and who doesn’t give a fk about reputations and what the press think.

England need a b a s t a r d in charge, like Guardiola, look at the way he dragged De Bruyne off recently and didn’t give a sh it when the player was p I s s e d, same when he brought off Halaand after scoring 5 and p e e I n g him off.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    Yes, you’re right there Lloyd.

Even with Revie and Ron Greenwood we were so stodgy and boring.

I want someone to come in whose reputation is to attack and who doesn’t give a fk about reputations and what the press think.

England need a b a s t a r d in charge, like Guardiola, look at the way he dragged De Bruyne off recently and didn’t give a sh it when the player was p I s s e d, same when he brought off Halaand after scoring 5 and p e e I n g him off.
    Oh here we go.lose a friendly so let’s execute the manager. I agree that he ain’t my choice but he’s in charge and we lost a game to those minnows Brazil. ,he’s not going anywhere so let’s get behind em. If we get knocked out by France in the semis then fair enough.. until then Engerland .lol
    Last edited by boinggazmic; 23-03-2024 at 10:40 PM.

Edit..meanwhile deschamps out. Lost to Germany 0-2.. shock horror. Come on there Friendles

Shocking, lose to Brazil, a third rate footballing country. It nuts absolutely nuts……… Brazil nuts.

Honestly chaps get real. Until I came on here tonight I’d forgotten England were playing in a friendly that means absolutely jack.

Bring back real footie. Roll on the coming weekend. (That’s the one after this one, the Easter long weekend) Boing boing.

Quote Originally Posted by boinggazmic View Post
    Oh here we go.lose a friendly so let’s execute the manager. I agree that he ain’t my choice but he’s in charge and we lost a game to those minnows Brazil. ,he’s not going anywhere so let’s get behind em. If we get knocked out by France in the semis then fair enough.. until then Engerland .lol
    This isn’t knee jerk after one result, so the “oh here we go again” jibe is a bit pathetic tbh.

We play our football with the handbrake on, it’s always the same with England managers.

Put our present squad in a Spanish shirt under a top notch, proven winner like Pep or Del Bosque and I have no doubt we’d win a Euros and possibly a WC.

There’s nothing to dislike about Southgate as a bloke but would he inspire me personally to lead the charge from my trench, I don’t think so.

I’d be surprised if you truly thought he was the best man for the job?

This lousy manager has got us third in the world in the fifa rankings (based on results not speculation). He’s done a great job. Would he inspire me as a manager? No, but he has achieved a lot. We missed Kane last night and definitely missed the creativity of Saka. Some good debuts though. As friendlies go it was a good exercise. It was a shock defeat nonetheless because we’ve become so used to winning with this lousy manager.

It’s not this loss that’s the problem. It’s Southgate’s continuous losing streak over top opposition that’s the problem. For that reason he’s not a good manager

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)