+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: International friendly

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    The one international that might be worth watching as the result has some importance, and is it available, of course not!
    It was on SC4 but the comentary was in Welsh.
    Watched it all - pretty good game IMO but Poland through without having a single shot on target in the 120+ minutes!
    Sods law Roberts suspected injury, Rodon and Ampadu played all 120 minutes - James not so long but missed the ***** last penalty... overall very dissapointing for the team - and we will have 4 players or 3 players available on Friday who will probably be either knackered, disspirited or both for our long trip down to Watford - just couldnt make it up ffs!

Quote Originally Posted by Tichi1 View Post
    It was on SC4 but the comentary was in Welsh.
    Watched it all - pretty good game IMO but Poland through without having a single shot on target in the 120+ minutes!
    Sods law Roberts suspected injury, Rodon and Ampadu played all 120 minutes - James not so long but missed the ***** last penalty... overall very dissapointing for the team - and we will have 4 players or 3 players available on Friday who will probably be either knackered, disspirited or both for our long trip down to Watford - just couldnt make it up ffs!
    The game was on here and I thought Wales did enough to have won before the eventual spot kicks. Ampadu, Rodon and Roberts all did exceptionally well (I suspect the latter might be out for a while?), especially considering the calibre of players they had in front of them. Too bad their efforts went unrewarded.

James did not look at all confident before taking his penalty and might have been well advised to have simply lamped it down the middle (many of the penalties were), but that's easy for me to say from the comfort of my sofa. I get the feeling he's a bit of a confidence player in general and I hope he's able to put this behind him and push on. Again, too bad.

It would have been good to have had Wales at the European Championships, but the next set of qualifiers are never far away. They can hold their heads high.

Core muscle surgery ?

So Georginio is one of the concerns for Watford although he's on a good path but not able to train in a full session yet.
    Farke says there are still 48 hours & he's carefully optimistic he'll be in the squad & could be in for some game minutes.

Mmm, last year i had some surgery on my tummy for lacerations after suffering a windsurfing mishap. 😩
    Got dragged over some submerged rocks in an environment we cannot control, namely the sea !

To be fair its amazing how quickly the scars healed & disappeared in time but my ab's took longer to adjust to the rotational load stresses upon them for quite a while.
    Clever keyhole tech surgery checked my insides ok & the finished result left me with a decent tummy tuck zip. 👍

Really glad i had all correct body protection on that day in the sea & i'd hope all athletes wear "correct protection" gear too & Georgie ditches his micro shin pads for sensible ones to protect his lower legs.

So just hope we dont rush Georgie back to quickly, just saying as football is a contact sport.

Lordy! That's a bit more than a mishap!

Glad to hear everything is still in the right place and you're recovering well.

(Reminds himself not to take up windsurfing).

I vaguely remember when I was young and used to heal quickly!!!

Quote Originally Posted by spaldy View Post
    I vaguely remember when I was young and used to heal quickly!!!
    True Spaldy.

The weird thing was injuries via the nylon chin strap on my safety helmet caused the surgeon most alarm, as the strap had twisted into my neck on impact in holding the helmet in place.
    At least my gnashers were ok due to my gum shield. 😁

Live & learn as they say - no big deal & my Medical insurance premium aint gone up. 👍

Was reading the Dan James interview today saying he would be gutted if Leeds dont make the autos whilst the other teams that do will be be really firing on all cylinders mentally & physically for those games.

Fair point from James ?

Just take control & focus on the present i'd say to Dan James & our squad now !
    Just gotta combat injury & set backs to win in life, taking each step/game at a time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)