+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 3 month review

Massive 2 games coming up for Maynard especially the home game against MK. Lose that and I don't think the brothers have much choice than to hold their hands up and say they got it badly wrong. I don't even think a draw is an option now.

David Flitcroft could be a good shout, the style of play and detail should suit us. Plus he's had plenty of football league experience both playing and managing.

I was a little sceptical when i was told this but the story could be true which explains why he is still here.If true then we may be able to get rid without compensation ,just one months notice.

Quote Originally Posted by Piessince67 View Post
    I was a little sceptical when i was told this but the story could be true which explains why he is still here.If true then we may be able to get rid without compensation ,just one months notice.
    I used to run a design department and any new staff were always on a 3 month trial period. If Maynard had been in my office it would be a "Sorry I don't think this is going to work out" chat for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by OP67 View Post
    I used to run a design department and any new staff were always on a 3 month trial period. If Maynard had been in my office it would be a "Sorry I don't think this is going to work out" chat for sure.
    Employment law is very different to contract law
    None of us know for sure what's in the contract but it would be unusual if there is a clause in the manager's contract that the club could terminate it at 3 months
    Not many agents would allow their client to sign such a contract. I wonder if SM has an agent?

Quote Originally Posted by Could'vebeenacontender View Post
    None of us know for sure what's in the contract but it would be unusual if there is a clause in the manager's contract that the club could terminate it at 3 months
    Not many agents would allow their client to sign such a contract. I wonder if SM has an agent?
    Incompetence is a good enough reason to get rid...

Quote Originally Posted by Could'vebeenacontender View Post
    He can be managed out quite easily.

Quote Originally Posted by SmiffyPie View Post
    He can be managed out quite easily.
    He can but we’ll just have to pay.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234