+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 3 month review

Quote Originally Posted by Piessince67 View Post
    Look i really dont know how much truth there is in this but been told from a good source(,not hp or tomato)that the manager,as part of his contract will be subject to a 3 month review.I know this sort of thing happens,it may be that he was given a target.I think its unlikely but i hope its true.
    Maybe that's what took so long for him to sign for us.

Got to imagine they're already lining up replacements ready to go. They're clever people so probably waiting until this review to say it's not working and cut the compensation down

Quote Originally Posted by Piessince67 View Post
    Look i really dont know how much truth there is in this but been told from a good source(,not hp or tomato)that the manager,as part of his contract will be subject to a 3 month review.I know this sort of thing happens,it may be that he was given a target.I think its unlikely but i hope its true.
    That wouldn't surprise me at all when you remember the brothers are shrewd businessmen who don't throw their money around.
    I'd guess SM is missing several of the targets he was set so I really hope he hasn't burnt too many bridges.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    Got to imagine they're already lining up replacements ready to go.
    They didn't have anybody ready to go when Burchnall left, nor when Williams left, which is not necessarily a bad thing, it's more important that you make the right appointment than a swift one that turns out to be a dud, but it never ceases to amaze me how people have to pretend these relatively young and inexperienced-in-life owners - who apparently have a rich family to fall back on if they make any big mistakes with their business toys - are somehow blessed with super powers to do everything just right and precise at every turn. I fear we're setting these guys up for an almighty fall. They're no different to all other owners, taking a gamble on something that has way too many variables to be certain of anything, long term strategy or not. All that sets the good one's apart from the bad are those that have the dosh to paper over the cracks when it goes t!ts up or a lot of luck and very often both.
    Last edited by upthemaggies; 25-03-2024 at 10:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    They didn't have anybody ready to go when Burchnall left, nor when Williams left, which is not necessarily a bad thing, it's more important that you make the right appointment than a swift one that turns out to be a dud, but it never ceases to amaze me how people have to pretend these relatively young and inexperienced-in-life owners - who apparently have a rich family to fall back on if they make any big mistakes with their business toys - are somehow blessed with super powers to do everything just right and precise at every turn. I fear we're setting these guys up for an almighty fall. They're no different to all other owners, taking a gamble on something that has way too many variables to be certain of anything, long term strategy or not. All that sets the good one's apart from the bad are those that have the dosh to paper over the cracks when it goes t!ts up or a lot of luck and very often both.
    With those situations, they didn't control the timing of the departure though. Look at how Ardley's departure was handled

The OP must belive everything he's told

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    The difference between the current owners and many of the previous owners is not that they don't make mistakes, but that they don't make rash and emotive decisions. They have yet to learn to make consistently good decisions and clearly had a fair share of luck that Luke, who probably by any metric was head and shoulders above what ever else may have been available. The sort of luck that RT had with Cotterill.

This current period is an interesting test for their mettle and commitment and one they've not really had to deal with at Notts thus far but a measured and considered response increases their chances of getting it right, or at least, of not getting it wrong (again).

I thought the Notts job was always going to be a great one for the person who follows Williams’ replacement. LW was charismatic, successful and respected by players and fans alike (from very early on) - and was always going to be a tough act to follow. As SM has demonstrated. Personally, I’d like to see us go for Scott Lindsey at the end of the season (even if we have a very bad track record when it comes to recruiting from Crawley, to put it mildly).

When the Reedtz bros sacked Ardley, they talked about metrics other than the results being a deciding factor. Unfortunately, there are no metrics in SM’s favour - I haven’t seen many xGs for our matches under Maynard, but I can’t imagine we’ve outperformed any teams other than Newport and Bradford. In other words, we’ve got what we deserved in pretty much all of the games.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    Got to imagine they're already lining up replacements ready to go. They're clever people so probably waiting until this review to say it's not working and cut the compensation down
    I don’t have social media but a lad at work has shown me a post on a Faceache group commenting on a post that David Flitcroft is in line next😖

Quote Originally Posted by WarsopPie View Post
    I don’t have social media but a lad at work has shown me a post on a Faceache group commenting on a post that David Flitcroft is in line next😖
    He replaced LW at Swindon also... He doesn't seem a bad shout to be fair, but isn't he DoF at Port Vale?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast