+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Preston North End

Preston North End

10 years ago we were beating them in the play off semi. Since then they've consolidated themselves as a Championship side who are hard to beat. They're not a massive club and their attendances aren't way above ours. So what have they done that we haven't?
    Their record signing is, according to Google, £2.15 million and I don't think they've done any fiddling

Average attendance 50% higher
    Not paying ground rent
    Better pulling power for players
    Good connections in NW for better loan signings

I see your point, And it's a good one.
    However according to Google they are 88m
    In debt .
    I wouldn't want our club in that situation.

Propped up by Trevor Hemmings money for years,he”s now passed away…let’s see what happens in future years..

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerish View Post
    10 years ago we were beating them in the play off semi. Since then they've consolidated themselves as a Championship side who are hard to beat. They're not a massive club and their attendances aren't way above ours. So what have they done that we haven't?
    Their record signing is, according to Google, £2.15 million and I don't think they've done any fiddling
    Just the £28m losses in the previous two seasons and still have £68m in available shareholder funds.

I simply can’t fathom out why we’re not above them.