+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you feel connected to RUFC today?

Do you feel connected to RUFC today?

Speaking to a few Millers fans yesterday who went to watch the Titans. A couple of them were seriously considering ditching the Millers next season to watch the Titans. What was interesting was that the reason they gave was not because of the dismal season the Millers have had, rather that there was a community feel at tge Rugby which they said was lacking at NYS.

Got me thinking to which periods watching the Millers did I feel most connected with the club.

It was definitely under Ronnie's first spell with Booth as Chairman.

At Millmoor. New ground is smart, does its job, but it's utterly soulless

Not an easy question to answer my own personal reason is I will be getting a season ticket for my son and myself asup until about 5 years ago I always worked Saturdays so could only get midweek with just the odd Saturday holidays etc at the moment I do not have any “connection” with the team as it is full of mercenaries/injury prone players and has beens with the exception of 1 or 2 Viktor Ollie Haks etc, I have no great interest in the egg chasers but respect those who wish to switch sports
    As said above I’ll be renewing to spend quality time with my son and a few beers after, I am hoping that come August a lot of the wasters will have been axed from the squad, I’m hoping for a better season although obviously this is not guaranteed my any means, hopefully see from the team a bit more spirit and graft then that way I would feel more connected I’m not expecting a promotion push after this season a boring mid table finish would do me fine I guess that makes me a happy clapper I’d like to see LR given a chance to put his stamp on the team but I know there’s a lot that don’t want him and that’s fair enough, just a bit more pride in the shirt and as if they want to be here would be a great start

I like rugby (both codes), and yesterday was a great day out. The game was indoubt to the final whistle. But good as it was, it's not football. Most of the games at Clifton Lane have been well won by half-time.
    I'll stick to the round ball game thanks. Especially with the centenary coming up in two seasons time.

Do I feel a connection with the club ? It’s the club I support thro the good times and bad times.

Connection? Yes I do.

I still feel attached even today. The high's the lows, you take it all on following a club like the Millers, it's football!

Quote Originally Posted by the_idiotb_stardson View Post
    Speaking to a few Millers fans yesterday who went to watch the Titans. A couple of them were seriously considering ditching the Millers next season to watch the Titans. What was interesting was that the reason they gave was not because of the dismal season the Millers have had, rather that there was a community feel at tge Rugby which they said was lacking at NYS.

Got me thinking to which periods watching the Millers did I feel most connected with the club.

It was definitely under Ronnie's first spell with Booth as Chairman.
    But, Do you feel connected to RUFC today?

Yes I fell connected to the club, but I feel it is a one sided relationship at the moment.

Quick answer - no

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    But, Do you feel connected to RUFC today?
    No I don't Brin.

I feel that the board etc are aloof and have pulled up the ladder behind them

I have made a few suggestions over the years but never even had a reply.

I am not the only one either.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast