+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Cameron - kicking off on X

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    personally i don't think Cameron deserves all the criticism he is getting , on or off the pitch.!
    I agree, it's pathetic what some post on here, occasionally vile and not what any player deserves. Team went t1ts up when we lost our talented coach. We need a coach with some standing that commands respect. No disrespect to Maynard but its not him, Bros need to shoulder this one - but also without the vitriolic nonsense.

I've never understood fans laying into players. It's one thing criticising and dissecting performances, but it's another altogether to shout abuse at a game or get personal online. It just makes zero sense to create a rift between players and fans. No way it's going to help the club be more successful. Plus, from a human perspective, it's just the wrong way to treat people. Cameron is a just a bloke trying to do his best in his job, like all of us.

We all know Meadow Lane can be a toxic place maybe that's why the only wins for SM have been away.

Nobody performs better when all they get is abuse I don't mind criticism but abuse is going to far.

If supporters hate the team that much then vote with your feet

I'm sure no one at the club is deliberatly not trying to do their best so get behind their efforts

I personally think as a squad we are not equipped for League 2 football not enough height or physicality

Hopefully that will be sorted in the close season

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    It has nothing to do with you or anyone else what happens in his life, certainly not to be discussed on social media platforms whether in football or out side. Dont try to associate your problems with other peoples.. Everyone is different..
    Clearly you are missing my point sir.
    This forum is not designed for this rubbish and should be removed by admin in my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    I've never understood fans laying into players. It's one thing criticising and dissecting performances, but it's another altogether to shout abuse at a game or get personal online. It just makes zero sense to create a rift between players and fans. No way it's going to help the club be more successful. Plus, from a human perspective, it's just the wrong way to treat people. Cameron is a just a bloke trying to do his best in his job, like all of us.
    It's the toxic social media climate that brings this aggressive mob behaviour out in people. If they saw him on their own in Tesco's they'd shake his hand and ask for a selfie with him.

I completely agree with you anyway. Everyone has their own way of supporting their team and that's not mine. Hopefully he will carry on blocking people, maybe make his accounts private, or even delete them altogether. He will find he has much less stress and much more free time in his life.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    Definitely the best advice if you or those around you are sensitive to the criticism. To be honest I can think of nothing more demeaning than giving undue credence to someone else's opinion of you anyway, whether it's good or bad. As a certain pool playing mate of mine succinctly puts it: "F*ck 'em!"

On a related note, I happened to see Steve Bruce arriving at the ground yesterday and felt vaguely embarrassed for a few people who seemed desperate to get their phones out and have their photos taken with him. What is it with this idea that your sense of self-worth is somehow heightened by being photographed with a celebrity? I'd find it embarrassing to be on either side of the transaction!
    It was even worse when Ryan Giggs was spotted they were queuing up for selfies.

From what I saw last Saturday at the end when Cameron went around the pitch applauding he got applause back although it was quite limited but I did not see any abuse directed at him at all or other team members. Plenty of grumbles including from me but nobody yelling or shouting anything. His performance was very very poor and I expect him to be replaced by Baldwin or Brindley at the weekend. Social media the bastion of negativity that it is, I don't think players should have accounts publicly accessable to fans all that happens is 2 extremes, treat them like god when it's going well and treat them like dirt when it isn't.

As I've said on another fred, perhaps Camaron was taking his time before passing the ball out 'cos he was looking for someone to pass it to, and after seeing the wooden movement in front of him decided to just hoof the ball, or let Slocombe hoof it for him. It all depends on his "instructions" which might also explain the lack of imagination from the forward players.

Plan "A". "Don't worry lads, the ball will find you". Hardly ever did a midfielder come back into space to recieve the ball.

The bewildering placing of players into unfamiliar positions didn't help either, see -

Plan "B". Shifting Jones to right wing, Macca to the leftish and starving Chicksen of the ball made for an unusually unbalanced look, It seemed to me that the only time Notts got the ball was when a Salford player passed it to them rather than our spoiler efforts winning it.

Plan "C". Not until after half-time did it appear that the players had abandoned Maynard's cunning plans and decide for themselves how things might work better for the team. Jones for one knew where he should be playing, others still were't so sure but decided tackling someone in a red shirt might help.

So, after all that, who should take the blame for the booing? Camaron or Maynard?

Seems to me we are looking to apportion blame with whoever, it’s a team game, remember that. Yes he’s not playing his best game currently but not many are. We have lost our mojo since Luke departed and it ain’t coming back anytime soon. Have a moan, move on but don’t make it personal.

Fact is Cameron had a stinker on Saturday, we justified criticism on here
    Arguing on X is not the way to go for players family or fans.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast