+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Cameron - kicking off on X

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    Was that at the match or (anti)social media?
    Social media. An account was made last night by his sister, she initially was just defending Kyle as you’d expect. It then escalated very quickly and she ended up threatening a fan. She’s obviously deleted the account now though.

Quote Originally Posted by pjace View Post
    We all know Meadow Lane can be a toxic place maybe that's why the only wins for SM have been away.

Nobody performs better when all they get is abuse I don't mind criticism but abuse is going to far.

If supporters hate the team that much then vote with your feet

I'm sure no one at the club is deliberatly not trying to do their best so get behind their efforts

I personally think as a squad we are not equipped for League 2 football not enough height or physicality

Hopefully that will be sorted in the close season
    I think you’ve hit the nail on the head.
    The club needs to recognise weaknesses in the squad and address them, rather than sticking fingers in collective ears and keeping their eyes shut, particularly in transfer windows!!
    We all know who has performed or who will meet the standards needed in L2 and those who don’t/wont and it would be good if the leadership made the type decisions they are paid to make and made them very soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle95 View Post
    Social media. An account was made last night by his sister, she initially was just defending Kyle as you’d expect. It then escalated very quickly and she ended up threatening a fan. She’s obviously deleted the account now though.
    Well after what happened as I cited in the original post it was really ill-advised of anyone to try and engage on this issue, however well meaning they might be. I don't normally follow the X threads but I've just had a look and there's some pretty nasty stuff going on. If KC hasn't deleted his account he should and he should tell his nearest and dearest to keep out of it.

If he's really captain and leadership material he's just got to rise above it and prove everyone wrong. No-one is happy with how things have turned out since LW left and hopefully the Bros will deal with it before it all goes too toxic.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Don_ORiordan View Post
    Not on NCM though? Where is all this abuse x? Faceache?
    This. I'm not sure why people on this thread are going on about the abuse Cameron has got, have they seen this on X or Facebook as he hasn't got any nasty abuse on here. If he has then please point it out? If not then stop acting like people on MAD are bad or as Banjo likes to call them "tw@ts"

If you're a footballer, have social media and play crap then people are going to have a go at you on it. Happens from our level right to the top where footballers are told to kill themselves or black players are called monkeys and told to go back to the jungle.

If Camerons family can't handle him getting nasty comments on X or Facebook then they're going to have to learn to either not take it personally or stay off those platforms. Sometimes I don't want to get in rows on here so won't go on a thread where I know that might be an issue, I know if it's your family then it hurts more but as others have said, it's par for the course in the life of a footballer.

Luke Williams has gone to Swansea BTW

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfists View Post
    This. I'm not sure why people on this thread are going on about the abuse Cameron has got, have they seen this on X or Facebook as he hasn't got any nasty abuse on here. If he has then please point it out? If not then stop acting like people on MAD are bad or as Banjo likes to call them "tw@ts"

If you're a footballer, have social media and play crap then people are going to have a go at you on it. Happens from our level right to the top where footballers are told to kill themselves or black players are called monkeys and told to go back to the jungle.

If Camerons family can't handle him getting nasty comments on X or Facebook then they're going to have to learn to either not take it personally or stay off those platforms. Sometimes I don't want to get in rows on here so won't go on a thread where I know that might be an issue, I know if it's your family then it hurts more but as others have said, it's par for the course in the life of a footballer.
    Good post.
    Players, even at our club, earn a good living, one that a lot of working people would love to have. Big houses, a good wedge of cash each week and have more free time than most.
    Kyle Cameron, like others in our squad, is nothing more than a non league defender who has been found out.
    Having him as captain is typical Notts thing.
    Even a blind man can see he’s not up to the job.
    Doesn’t take away the fact he lifted that trophy last season.

But in real terms, social media is not a place to argue with fans. Like it or not, they live their lives under the microscope if they go on there.
    He and his family would be best served by not being on social media at all. That and understanding that whether he’s made a comment about knowing it’s not good enough from the team, fans still pay their entrance fee and are entitled to an opinion for that fee.

I remember Ian Richardson saying to me once, his biggest asset was being thick skinned so he could treat comments from people when he was out and about…like water off a ducks back. Do what his manager said and concentrate. All the rest is background noise.

It's a shame it has come to this.

I have never booed players and never will despite some terrible performances by various Notts teams over the last 50 years.

I don't think it helps anybody but understand that fans have a right to air their views.

Players have a right to reply but should probably stay off social media and that goes for members of their family too.

I support the club but don't get too invested in any player or manager/coach as they all move on at some point. I try to do my bit by parting with limited funds with a season ticket.

Somehow we've got to get behind the team in the next home match and not groan at the first mistake
    We all know there are players who aren't good enough in the team but at the moment we don't have anyone else to replace them
    Hopefully as Friday's game is away the lads can play without pressure and hopefully get their confidence back
    KC probably needs to be taken out of the firing line for a bit
    Although it's true that our defenders haven't been up to L2 standard collectively we have to be honest and say that the players ahead of them often don't do enough to help
    We need to start hunting in packs to help each other out
    Things aren't as bad as they're painted if you stand back and look at it - we won't be relegated but it's hard to take after last season and our early success this term

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    I’m only miserable when I’m watching Notts.
    Nice chorus. Just need to sort the hook out and the jobs a good un.

Kyle Cameron won player of the month last December. His decline in form mirrors the team. Real shame.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast