+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Where were you born?

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    He was a rep for them and worked on the road dealing mainly with car garages who offered his company’s credit services to customers.

He also did repossessions.

When I was 17 I came home to find a Pontiac car parked on our drive at home, when I went inside he told me he’d bought it for me.

I was gullible enough to believe him and gutted when he collapsed in laughter!
    Sorry Mick, was referring to Kettering there not your dad. Sorry to hear of that story your old man collapsing.

Quote Originally Posted by regis80 View Post
    Working in credit, he was probably ‘black’ listing people. 😄
    …….and what’s that supposed to suggest?

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    What did you do at Barclaycard Kets?

My dad worked for Barclay’s for Mercantile Credit from 67 until 2000.
    I was a systems analyst, working on development and maintenance of IT systems for transaction routing and authorisation.

As you may deduce from my avatar, I was born in Folkestone in Kent and lived there for the first 36 years of my life. Work then took me to the New Forest which was my home for over 10 years. A short spell back in Kent and then we took the plunge and moved to Tipperary in Ireland, hence my user name. We had 17 years there, breeding, rearing and training greyhounds which had been an ambition of mine since the 7O's. We also ran a B&B which was quite enterprising as we had no experience in this area and learnt everything on the go. In 2017 we decided to retire gracefully and returned to our home town of Folkestone. Ironically, the Sunday Times has just announced that the town is the best town to live in the South East. Not quite sure about this accolade as the town is now full of arty farty people. Being an old geezer I probably preferred the Kiss me Quick brigade but things have to move on I suppose. No more moves for me now.

Quote Originally Posted by kettering_baggie View Post
    I was a systems analyst, working on development and maintenance of IT systems for transaction routing and authorisation.
    This proves the old adage that you should never judge a book by its cover! 🤣🤣

Well played Kets, I never realised you were at the cutting edge of technology at one time!😎

Born in Gornal to Yorkshire parents. Moved to vancouver, Canada at age 14. Moved to calgary in 2000, hence the name, but last year moved to the Okanagan valley which is about half way between calgary and vancouver.

Born in Bromsgrove but moved at quite an early age to a village just south of Redditch. My mum's dad was originally from Norfolk where I now live although he worked at the Austin for many years. My dad was born in Birmingham and is a Blues fan but his family heritage is Black Country and they were miners and then chain-makers in Dudley. Worked and lived in various places over the years including Liverpool, Telford and Worcester but now enjoy being in rural Norfolk by the sea.

Born at the maternity hospital in Kiddy, grew up in Stourport and stayed till I was 21, been all over since now in Bedfordshire.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveP67 is back! View Post
    Born at the maternity hospital in Kiddy, grew up in Stourport and stayed till I was 21, been all over since now in Bedfordshire.
    I’ll bet you’ve jumped off the bridge into the river Severn at Stourport in your youth mate!?😏

Born in Castleford, West Yorkshire, in '71.
    So nahh then, who else on here can say that ehh. 😊

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)