+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Where were you born?

Where were you born?

Most of you know I was born in Harrogate.

I was curious at to where the rest of you actually come from, I know a few like Kets were born elsewhere and not Kettering (thankfully!)

Prando is a fellow Harrogatonian.

What about the rest of you?

And why did you end up where you are now?

Born in Wednesbury. Raised in Darlaston. Moved 17 times in my first marriage, included the rep of Ireland, North wales, Shropshire, now in Worcester. (Would have settled in the republic but my wife’s mental health needs meant moving back)

Handsworth, at a time when you could stroll down Soho Road on a summer Sunday afternoon and couples out taking a walk would say good afternoon to you and all you could buy was maybe an ice cream from Mr Whippy parked up. Now you can walk down there any day or time and get a f*ck for a tenner. Place needs raising to the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by Grand Wazoo View Post
    Handsworth, at a time when you could stroll down Soho Road on a summer Sunday afternoon and couples out taking a walk would say good afternoon to you and all you could buy was maybe an ice cream from Mr Whippy parked up. Now you can walk down there any day or time and get a f*ck for a tenner. Place needs raising to the ground.
    Living proof I've got a face for radio is that I've walked back from West Brom via Handsworth many a time and still couldn't even get a shag for a tenner.....

Gornal apparently but was brought up in Solihull - my dad was the black sheep of the family (can you say that any more?). as he was the first one to move away from the Black Country

Quote Originally Posted by Grand Wazoo View Post
    Sadly, Handsworth was already in a poor state when I started working in that area in 1984.

Older locals were always telling me what a classy place it was in the 50’s and 60’s, the local architecture spoke to that.

Sad how an area can be trashed in such a way.

Quote Originally Posted by Epsombaggie View Post
    Gornal apparently but was brought up in Solihull - my dad was the black sheep of the family (can you say that any more?). as he was the first one to move away from the Black Country
    What part of Solihull Epsom?

I worked in Mell Square from 81 to 84.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    What part of Solihull Epsom?

I worked in Mell Square from 81 to 84.
    I lived in Elmdon (near the Rover factory) - not the most fashionable part of Solihull!

I was born in West Brom in 1942, moved to North Wales in 2004, following being made redundant after 45 years at the same company in Birmingham, no regrets about the move apart from missing family and friends

Quote Originally Posted by Baggies_Boy_Tony View Post
    I was born in West Brom in 1942, moved to North Wales in 2004, following being made redundant after 45 years at the same company in Birmingham, no regrets about the move apart from missing family and friends
    ……and living with the Welsh of course!🤣🤣

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)