+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Tell me this ain't true......

Quote Originally Posted by the_idiotb_stardson View Post
    Cam is very talented and cultured.
    But he has been awful since his injury.

I can't work out if he has downed tools and wants to leave, can't handle the pressure of relegation or he is still recovering from injury.

There are too many doubts about him now so I say get rid.
    You just want to rid the world of all CAMs

I say keep.

Quote Originally Posted by the_idiotb_stardson View Post
    Cam is very talented and cultured.
    But he has been awful since his injury.

I can't work out if he has downed tools and wants to leave, can't handle the pressure of relegation or he is still recovering from injury.

There are too many doubts about him now so I say get rid.
    Whilst I get your reservations about why he's not at peak right now, he's come back into a situation where relegation is certain, the whole team seems to be carrying some sort of underlying set of issues, and we don't, as you say, know if he's 100%. I'm more concerned about those who dipped last year, not those who've given up more recently. Of more concern though, if he leaves we have lost all our legit CBs, and we'll let him go for 3 quid and a Panda Pop.

I'd be more inclined to make players of that ability a priority for extensions and have confidence a long term deal, build around him mentality will get the best out of them. They're hard to find.

The issue here is not whether some like him and some don’t the issue is it is another example of the clubs awful asset management. A while ago someone asked is there actually any evidence that Douglas is doing a bad job, well perhaps the year on year shocking asset management answers that question. I am sure we will get the normal excuses, we don’t have the money, we are too close to other clubs, blah blah but they are excuses for failure. Everything is relative and the level we operate at is not an excuse for doing core activities this bad. Everything TS has done for this club is being chipped away and eventually all his hard work will be lost unless the club addresses the issues at the very heart of the problem. I hoped that the move to a DoF and the promises of a new direction would see a well thought through strategy, vision and plan that was communicated to the outside world and gave us something to get behind and support after such an awful season on the pitch, but instead all we have is rumours and an Easter when relegation is likely to be confirmed. The people running Rotherham United are failing the fans and I don’t believe they see it or care and the last part of that is what saddens me the most.

His price tag will have deflated since his injury thats for sure . Like him but he doesn’t seem a leader of men and we will need a few next season .

Quote Originally Posted by Derbymiller View Post
    The issue here is not whether some like him and some don’t the issue is it is another example of the clubs awful asset management. A while ago someone asked is there actually any evidence that Douglas is doing a bad job, well perhaps the year on year shocking asset management answers that question. I am sure we will get the normal excuses, we don’t have the money, we are too close to other clubs, blah blah but they are excuses for failure. Everything is relative and the level we operate at is not an excuse for doing core activities this bad. Everything TS has done for this club is being chipped away and eventually all his hard work will be lost unless the club addresses the issues at the very heart of the problem. I hoped that the move to a DoF and the promises of a new direction would see a well thought through strategy, vision and plan that was communicated to the outside world and gave us something to get behind and support after such an awful season on the pitch, but instead all we have is rumours and an Easter when relegation is likely to be confirmed. The people running Rotherham United are failing the fans and I don’t believe they see it or care and the last part of that is what saddens me the most.
    Sadly I agree that the club is absolutely clueless and as we have said so many times there is no long term plan.Is that one reason not to spend anything on the infrastructure that is urgently required?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123