+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: O/T Mega Poptastic Pop Quiz (53)

Quote Originally Posted by CTMilller View Post
    I’ll have a go:

Gilly Gilly
    Ossen Pfeffer
    Katzenellen
    Bogen-by-the-sea
    No wonder I didn't know it ....well done pal.

Quote Originally Posted by Eternal Optimist View Post
    51. Bowie - Let's Dance.
    Quote Originally Posted by eversleymiller View Post
    7. The tra la la song - Banana Splits
    28. Cruel cruel summer - Bananarama (is there another theme developing here CAM?!)
    31. You need hands - Max Bygraves
    49. You win again - Bee Gees (good topical clue!)
    60. Goodbye My Lover - James Blunt (not a great fan of his but I know him more because he married a girl my son went out with for quite a while when they were at school together.)
    I’ll have a go:

Gilly Gilly
    Ossen Pfeffer
    Katzenellen
    Bogen-by-the-sea
    All correct including the last one.

Just 8 left. I'll leave these open while I get some kip and give the answers in the morning (around 2pm to you) if no light bulbs have gone on.

6. And we won't be together much longer Unless we realize that we are the same (Also a 'hit' for FYC)
    8. Contempt in your eyes As I turn to kiss his lips Broken I lie ("...did I join the Communards" doesn't come after this title)
    12. Said are you ready, said are you ready to stop I said stop (Putting American periods amongst other punctation in order)
    29. Makes me see what I want to see And be what I want to be (Two artists that meet the criteria had a hit with this potent potable)
    39. I only get sleepless nights Alone here in my half-empty bed (Tough question from the same artists as No 6)
    52. I'll watch you suffer With no feelings, no feelings at all, oooh (TS might sing this to the fans when he finally departs)
    57. Fab Five Freddy told me everybody's fly DJ spinnin' I said, "My my" (Not many white women dipped into this genre 40 years ago)
    58. C'mon mek me said don't mess around on ya C'mek mek me tell ya don't want ta get ya (Most men end up saying this whilst doing No 51 when the bar finally shuts)

6. Buzzcocks - Ever fallen in love

12. Ranking full stop. The Beat?

Quote Originally Posted by a123 View Post
    6. Buzzcocks - Ever fallen in love
    Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post
    12. Ranking full stop. The Beat?
    Both correct

So Quiz No 53 comes to an end with 6 clues going unsolved. I'm sure by now everyone (or almost everyone maybe) realised that the theme was songs by bands or artists whose name begins with a B.

1. When will I see my picture in the paper? I can't answer, I can't answer that When Will I Be Famous Bros
    2. There's a reason for the warm sweet nights And there's a reason for the candlelights Let Your Love Flow Bellamy Brothers
    3. All the people So many people Parklife Blur
    4. I'm not sleepy and there is no place I'm going to Mr Tambourine Man The Byrds
    5. My life is brilliant My love is pure You're Beautiful James Blunt
    6. And we won't be together much longer Unless we realize that we are the same Ever Fallen In Love Buzzcocks
    7. Flipping like a pancake, popping like a cork The Banana Splits Theme Banana Splits
    8. Contempt in your eyes As I turn to kiss his lips Broken I lie Tell Me Why Bronski Beat ("...did I join the Communards" doesn't come after this title)
    9. Watching in slow motion as you turn around and say Take My Breath Away Berlin
    10. When we danced, I held her tight Then I walked her home that night Then I Kissed Her The Beach Boys
    11. And the papers want to know whose shirts you wear Space Oddity David Bowie
    12. Said are you ready, said are you ready to stop I said stop Rankin' Full Stop The Beat
    13. If you want it, any time, I can give it Come and Get It Badfinger
    14. People think I'm insane Because I am frowning all the time Paranoid Black Sabbath
    15. I was kissin' Valentino by a crystal blue Italian stream Manic Monday The Bangles
    16. And before she knew (And before she knew) He kissed her tenderly Gilly Gilly Ossenfeffer Katzenellen Bogen By The Sea Max Bygraves
    17. Come on come on come on and do it Come on and do what you do I Can't Get Enough Bad Company
    18. I met a devil woman She took my heart away You Ain't Seen Nothing Yet Bachman Turner Overdrive
    19. Dreams stay with you Like a lover's voice fires the mountainside In a Big Country Big Country
    20. It seemed like the real thing, but I was so blind Heart Of Glass Blondie
    21. Golden words he will pour in your ear But his lies can't disguise what you fear Goldfinger Shirley Bassey
    22. Promises, promises turn to dust Wedding bells just turn to rust A Little Time The Beautiful South
    23. Glitter on the mattress Glitter on the highway Glitter on the front porch Glitter on the hallway Love Shack B52s
    24. Baby; here comes the twist--I don't exist The Urban Spaceman Bonzo Dog Doo Dah Band
    25. Well, you can tell by the way I use my walk I'm a woman's man Stayin' Alive The Bee Gees
    26. And daddy doesn't understand it He always said she was as good as gold I Don't Like Mondays The Boomtown Rats
    27. I've a bunch of purple flowers To decorate mammy's hero Army Dreamers Kate Bush
    28. It's too close for comfort, this heat has got right out of hand Cruel Summer Bananarama
    29. Makes me see what I want to see And be what I want to be Lilac Wine Jeff Buckley/Elkie Brooks (Two artists that meet the criteria had a hit with this potent potable)
    30. Talking 'bout Monroe and walking on Snow White The Jean Genie David Bowie
    31. To hold someone you care for You Need Hands Max Bygraves
    32. I would wrap you in the heaven 'Til I'm dyin' (dyin', dyin') On the way Feel Like Makin' Love Bad Company
    33. I could see you were a man of distinction Big Spender Shirley Bassey
    34. If I was dying of thirst Would your flowing love come quench me? If I Said You Had A Beautiful Body Bellamy Brothers
    35. I'm not the kinda girl who gives up just like that, oh no The Tide Is High Blondie
    36. Tell me, how can you stop the sun from shining? What makes the world go 'round? How Can You Mend A Broken Heart The Bee Gees
    37. Be that movie queen He's too busy hitting the Vaseline Wow Kate Bush
    38. Add a touch of blue blood And a little bitty bit of red Indian boy Melting Pot Blue Mink
    39. I only get sleepless nights Alone here in my half-empty bed What Do I Get Buzzcocks (Tough question from the same artists as No 6)
    40. Lover of the Russian queen Rasputin Boney M
    41. Knock down the old grey wall Be a part of it all No Matter What Badfinger
    42. Always should be someone you really love Girls & Boys Blur
    43. 'Til her daddy takes the T-bird away Fun,Fun,Fun The Beach Boys
    44. This is my only escape from it all Watchin' a film or a face on the wall Rober De Niro's Waiting Bananarama
    45. And said "tonight of all nights, there's gonna be a fight" Rat Trap The Boomtown Rats
    46. Motion in the ocean His air hose broke Lots of trouble Lots of bubble Rock Lobster B52s
    47. A time of love, a time of hate A time of war, a time of peace Turn, Turn, Turn The Byrds
    48. Just for one day Heroes David Bowie
    49. There's no life on earth, no other could see me through You Win Again The Bee Gees
    50. All the old paintings on the tomb Walk Like An Egyptian The Bangles
    51. To the song they're playin' on the radio Let's Dance David Bowie
    52. I'll watch you suffer With no feelings, no feelings at all, oooh I Owe You Nothing Bros (TS might sing this to the fans when he finally departs)
    53. Cry, boy, cry, boy, cry Cry, boy, cry, boy, cry Smalltown Boy Bronski Beat
    54. Though it hurts to go away, it's impossible to stay Save Your KIsses For Me Brotherhood of Man
    55. Do you wanna know, know that it doesn't hurt me? (Yeah, yeah, yo) Running Up That Hill Kate Bush
    56. Jennifer, Alison, Phillipa, Sue, Deborah, Annabel, too Song For Whoever The Beatutiful South
    57. Fab Five Freddy told me everybody's fly DJ spinnin' I said, "My my" Rapture Blondie (Not many white women dipped into this genre 40 years ago)
    58. C'mon mek me said don't mess around on ya C'mek mek me tell ya don't want ta get ya Hand Off She's Mine The Beat (Most men end up saying this whilst doing No 51 when the bar finally shuts)

59. Bermuda, Bahama, come on pretty mama Kokomo The Beach Boys
    60. I've kissed your lips and held your head Shared your dreams and shared your bed Goodbye My Lover James Blunt
    Last edited by CAMiller; 27-03-2024 at 03:05 PM.

Would not have guessed those last six.

Thanks as always, CAM. Poor old Brin can get some kip now that's ended!

Would not have guessed those last six.

Thanks as always, CAM. Poor old Brin can get some kip now that's ended!
    ....indeed pal. Yes, damn good quiz and had the last 6 have gone, I would have put the winner of them on Pop Quiz they were that hard.

Well done CAM

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456