+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Brindley,Needham ,Stubbs,Worthington

Interesting smiffy, what side of the ground have you seen him in?
    I haven't seen him since the seventies or not recognised him

Whilst on that topic, and this has been mentioned before on here, what of the bloke that used to frequent the Roadside stand that coined the great phrase, “Come on You Stylish Magpies”, that he would intermittently yell out during a game. Never heard anyone say it, so I assume it was his work of art?

It’s how I refer to NCFC when asked who I follow…..the architects of Stylish Football.

Quote Originally Posted by maddogslater View Post
    Anyone remember Fitz with the slick back hair in the 70s ?
    If it's the guy who usually wore a German trench coat wasn't he called Fritz rather than Fitz?

I remember the Lane End chant "Fritz is our leader".

I shout "C'mon you stylish Magpies" at ifollow on the telly from the deepest home counties much to the bemusement (and amusement) of Arsenal supporting daughter. It used to be knowingly good natured sarcasm, but it wasn't last season. Unfortunately it is again.

Quote Originally Posted by M0ufMk3 View Post
    I shout "C'mon you stylish Magpies" at ifollow on the telly from the deepest home counties much to the bemusement (and amusement) of Arsenal supporting daughter. It used to be knowingly good natured sarcasm, but it wasn't last season. Unfortunately it is again.
    The club needs to run with it…get it on some merchandise, it’s unique like the Wheelbarrow song.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    If it's the guy who usually wore a German trench coat wasn't he called Fritz rather than Fitz?

He dressed very mod and did wear a trench coat (we're talking late 60's here). Maddog, I have seen him in the Pavis several times but not in the Kop.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post

'Fritz' (real name Keith Langley) wore a German greatcoat, & often had a megaphone with him. I believe he passed away a few years ago, so probably not the same person.

Quote Originally Posted by GEZMAN View Post
    'Fritz' (real name Keith Langley) wore a German greatcoat, & often had a megaphone with him. I believe he passed away a few years ago, so probably not the same person.
    That's definitely the bloke I was thinking of.

Fritz, yes. Remember well the fritz is our leader chant in the lane end, sorry to here he has died.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bob View Post
    Don't forget Arthur Mann
    I rememer him, nice head of hair one week, bald as a badger the next.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast