+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Injury update

Quote Originally Posted by the_idiotb_stardson View Post
    They have downed tools, a protest at the amateurish facilities
    Or, showing themselves as none triers?

Downing tools is a bit naive if they want future employment in football.
    Relegation + can’t be bothered = bricklayers gopher

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    Downing tools is a bit naive if they want future employment in football.
    Relegation + can’t be bothered = bricklayers gopher
    True, but they don't need to do it that way. All they need to do is report a strain, hamstring etc

"Still feeling it boss" type thing. Something related to a soft tissue injury, something that's hard to diagnose with any certainty.

Then when they move on they will claim they were unlucky with injuries but are now fighting fit for their new club

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    True, but they don't need to do it that way. All they need to do is report a strain, hamstring etc

"Still feeling it boss" type thing. Something related to a soft tissue injury, something that's hard to diagnose with any certainty.

Then when they move on they will claim they were unlucky with injuries but are now fighting fit for their new club
    I agree and this is where I do have sympathy with LR,although it is easy to argue that we have gone backwards since he arrived. All the players that are leaving know they are. Their agents will be telling them to stay fit because if they break a leg,for example,how on earth is the agent going to find them another club in the summer? We are also relegated in any case so what incentive is there for these players to put their bodies on the line?

I said the other week that Blackett had no intention of playing for us again, there are a lot of players that aren’t fit to be called professionals, I feel for the ones that ar least do want to play, I think it is important we get behind the ones that at least turn up for work whether you think they are good players or not.

Yes valid point but football is a small world. Managers talk to each other and if our lot try to get fixed up elsewhere I’m sure their prospective employers will be contacting LR or RS for a low down.
    PW said he always phoned ahead to check on their character and I’m sure most other managers will too. Last thing they will want is a bad egg

Not only that they can spin and say..”I am feeling it abit boss,but I think I will be ok”….the boss will say I can take a chance on that,but the it sounds like the player is keen and it’s the managers decision…

Anyone who watched the Watford away calamity will see 3 innocuous injuries suddenly after we went a couple of goals down in space of a few minutes,clucas,Cafu,and another all limped off with some visual theatrical thigh rubbing/holding…not all were true I am sure of it..!.

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    Yes valid point but football is a small world. Managers talk to each other and if our lot try to get fixed up elsewhere I’m sure their prospective employers will be contacting LR or RS for a low down.
    PW said he always phoned ahead to check on their character and I’m sure most other managers will too. Last thing they will want is a bad egg
    Most of time it’s down to wages and length of contract rather than character/injury reference…well clearly that what we do anyway..

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    If that’s the case then no chance of a new contract.
    Good!
    Complete clear out needed and then let's try to get in some players who actually want to be here.

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    Good!
    Complete clear out needed and then let's try to get in some players who actually want to be here.
    Plus a manager

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123