+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Romared Match Thoughts Barnsley v Cambridge United

All of our defenders are making mistakes I include Goalkeeper Roberts in that he should have been alert and stopped the ball. From the Loanees out to other clubs only McCarthy played yesterday I would be thinking about bringing Sheppard and Kapata back also Cundy should be Collins said he was ready but did not get on the Bench.

Quote Originally Posted by Floridatyke View Post
    All of our defenders are making mistakes I include Goalkeeper Roberts in that he should have been alert and stopped the ball. From the Loanees out to other clubs only McCarthy played yesterday I would be thinking about bringing Sheppard and Kapata back also Cundy should be Collins said he was ready but did not get on the Bench.
    If you think about it Florida , the probable reason that Shepherd & Lopata are not playing is the fact that they have been found out and are not good enough yet for division one, lets be fair we only let them go because they were not doing a job for us, they both had plenty of chances but so far they are only at best raw potential

Quote Originally Posted by Shadrack the Red View Post
    If you think about it Florida , the probable reason that Shepherd & Lopata are not playing is the fact that they have been found out and are not good enough yet for division one, lets be fair we only let them go because they were not doing a job for us, they both had plenty of chances but so far they are only at best raw potential
    You could argue that same sentiment applies to McCarthy, De Gevigney, McCart and Earl, they have all been poor or couldnt get a game.

Very very poor recruitment and I question the coaching because none of them are getting any better. Whether any of them will make the grade is yet to be seen but I have reservations given the matches ive seen on TV.

Quote Originally Posted by EthelRed View Post
    You could argue that same sentiment applies to McCarthy, De Gevigney, McCart and Earl, they have all been poor or couldnt get a game.

Very very poor recruitment and I question the coaching because none of them are getting any better. Whether any of them will make the grade is yet to be seen but I have reservations given the matches ive seen on TV.
    I do not disagree when when you mention the others , the only difference for me is that apart from McCarthy who was very unlucky with injuries the others have not be sent out on loan as we have to play someone , only Earl seems up to the job for me & of course Pines who has also been unlucky getting injured, regarding improvement by coaching , the old saying about leading a horse to water but you cannot make it drink comes to mind , some are beyond improvement & are playing to their level & realistically its a good job we will be in division one next season & not the championship where they would get mullered week in week out , to me you have to look to poor recruitment last summer coupled with selling our captain and key defender on the eve of the transfer window closing .

Quote Originally Posted by Shadrack the Red View Post
    I do not disagree when when you mention the others , the only difference for me is that apart from McCarthy who was very unlucky with injuries the others have not be sent out on loan as we have to play someone , only Earl seems up to the job for me & of course Pines who has also been unlucky getting injured, regarding improvement by coaching , the old saying about leading a horse to water but you cannot make it drink comes to mind , some are beyond improvement & are playing to their level & realistically its a good job we will be in division one next season & not the championship where they would get mullered week in week out , to me you have to look to poor recruitment last summer coupled with selling our captain and key defender on the eve of the transfer window closing .
    Wholly agree, although I think after a promising start Earl has gone backwards.

Pines is the only one up to the job but hes out now.

We need a complete defensive revamp and after the loss of the out of contract players this summer, I dont envy the rebuilding job that someone has to take on. But its all self inflicted.

It’s a very good opportunity for us to see how the new Director Of Football goes about his business this summer and he has got his work cut out that is for sure.
    Get on with a clear out and start over with a blank canvass in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by POGGYWELL View Post
    It’s a very good opportunity for us to see how the new Director Of Football goes about his business this summer and he has got his work cut out that is for sure.
    Get on with a clear out and start over with a blank canvass in my opinion.
    Something near to the summer of 96 standard .

Good Luck with that .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Something near to the summer of 96 standard .

Good Luck with that .
    That would be great but I am not sure the faithful would welcome signings from Darlington & non league although another Appelby & Bullock would be more than welcome , great season Animal, I enjoyed it more than the season in the the premier , loved every minute .

It’s clear we’re not good enough for promotion but anything can happen in the playoffs
    If we can put in a derby at home performance
    Then it’s possible, but I’ve not seen anything like that since
    Maybe start thinking about next season?
    Keep Collins, a couple of decent additions n we could potentially do what Pompey are doing this season?

Quote Originally Posted by EthelRed View Post
    Pines is the only one up to the job but hes out now.
    Have we really seen enough of Pines really to say that Eths? Not sure myself.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast