+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: England v Belgium

England v Belgium

A very uncharacteristic mistake by Pickford 0-1.
    Pen. 1-1 Toney makes his mark.
    Why are we playing in grey at home? All that fuss about the new shirt and then they don't wear it.

Eng 1 Belg 1 Var 1 but England looking better than last game.

We look much better going forward, even Chillwell has upped his game.
    Last edited by kritichris; 26-03-2024 at 08:18 PM.

Slam dunk 1-2

Although we seem to be playing better I've just realised, apart from the pen, we haven't had a shot on goal. 2 defensive errors have gifted them 2 goals. Are we flattering to deceive?
    Last edited by kritichris; 26-03-2024 at 08:26 PM.

Belgium are growing into this game while we seem to be running out of ideas.

As an aside Welsh Wales are starting to struggle against Poland, I thought this was supposed to be a walk over. 0-0

You need a goal so take off the striker who's been our biggest threat, this second half has been poor, it's now like a repeat of the brasil game, out thought and defensive frailties taken advantage of leading to two home defeats. Southgate is clueless, he's got the tactical ability of a lemming.

I'm a sucker for watching live football involving England, even friendlies but recently it has become an ordeal. Ah well, that's four hours of my life wasted these last few days, I suppose the colonoscopy wasn't that bad in comparison.

Well booger me with a splintered rolling pin, I'd given up hope.

Quote Originally Posted by kritichris View Post
    Southgate is clueless, he's got the tactical ability of a lemming.
    Outstanding performance from Mainoo, but Southgate didn't pick him for this game, he was only playing because Gareth's choice Henderson wasn't fit. Last minute equaliser set up by James Maddison, but Gareth doesn't really rate him, he didn't get on against Brazil and was only chucked on for the last 15 minutes here.

Southgate truly is clueless and no mistake.

Such was my enthusiasm for this game I decided to read the Barbra Streisand autobiography instead.

What a girl she is.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)